Book Three: Chapter 12

From the mist, a tall woman with long pink hair tiptoed from the columns. The mist still covered half her body, but Katina recognized her.

    The Goddess of Love, Aphrodite, beamed her pink glowing eyes at the women for a moment. Then her eyes flashed wide open with surprise in her twinkling pupils. “Oh! I thought you were my darling, Ares! Hehehehehehehe! Please pardon me.”

    “Ares is inside his gymnasium,” said Labda. “I don’t believe he wants to be disturbed.”

    “Shouldn’t you be with your husband?” Katina asked.

    Aphrodite shook her head. “He is busy too in his workshop. I wanted to have a bath with one of them, but men shall be men. Maybe you won’t mind if I relax with you.”

“We don’t mind,” said Cilla in her gentle voice.

Katina raised an eyebrow. “Really? You’re not afraid to bath with a three-headed ferocious beast like us?”

Aphrodite smiled. “When there’s something you love doing, nothing should stop you from doing it. And I love taking baths in warm salty water.” She ran her hand down her left cheek. “It helps me cleanse my beautiful skin to make me more beautiful than ever. I don’t mind if a snake or a man-eating animal sits with me. I’m not afraid of anything because my love is greater than anything in this world.”

Katina chuckled with a satisfying grin. “For a girly goddess, you don’t pussy out.”

“Pussy out?”

“She meant being a coward,” Labda corrected. “No offense.”

Aphrodite giggled and untied her robes. She dropped her clothes to the marble floor and strolled into the pool. Her breath left her pink lips as she submerged her slender nude body into the water. She stroked her hair and rubbed her hands across her shiny skin. After she finished, she rose and sat against the pool edge, facing the Cerberus women. Her breasts floated on the water surface like balloons, and she moaned in ecstasy.

“She’s so beautiful,” Cilla whispered with red cheeks.

Katina only snorted. She didn’t care how beautiful the goddess looked. It may be part of the deity’s trait and power, but Katina believed all women should be strong and mighty if they desire to survive on the battlefield. A woman with Aphrodite’s frail voluptuous body wouldn’t last against hordes of bloodthirsty monsters. That was why Amazons put their strengths first before their beauty.

Aphrodite lifted her foot, watching the water drip from her toes. Her pink toenails sprinkled in the steamy light. “Tell me, dog. What do you know about Roger? Your mortal companion?”

“Why do you want to know about him?” Cilla asked, giving the Goddess her suspicious look.

Aphrodite rubbed her long leg. "He is destined to save us all, correct? A Goddess should learn more about him and make sure he doesn't fail."

Katina could tell Cilla doesn't trust the Goddess. Everyone knew Aphrodite slept with many men in her lifetime without their consent. It wouldn't surprise Katina that Aphrodite might be attracted to Roger.

"Don't you dare come close to our sweetie!" Cilla warned the goddess with a snarl. "But you can trust him! He will defeat the Giants!”

Aphrodite smiled a seductive grin with a soft giggle. "You said sweetie, correct? Is he your lover?"

Cilla’s canine face exploded into a blush. "Well….. He hasn't said-"

"Cilla is confused right now," said Labda. "But she does have strong feelings for Roger."

"Definitely not me," Katina complained, although her cheeks warmed a bit. It might be the heat from the pool. "I don't have feelings for him."

Aphrodite placed her leg down and rubbed her chin. "Interesting….. Why don't you tell me your relationship with him.”

Cilla kept her mouth shut, pursuing her lips. Obviously, she still didn't trust the Goddess of Love. If an enemy learns about your love interest, they might use them against you. Or worse, steal them from you.

Aphrodite is a slut! Katina thought.

"I will tell you," said Labda. "After all, it would be rude not to tell a goddess in her present."

Cilla widened her eyes at Labda. Before she opened her mouth, Labda glared at her. Perhaps Labda didn't want Cilla to anger Aphrodite while she sat with them.

Katina shrugged with her eyes rolled. "Like I cared."

Labda ignored Katina and told Aphrodite about their relationship with Roger since they met him. Unlike what she told the gods, Labda added details about Roger’s personality, including the moment he washed the women inside their bath chamber.

Before she finished, Aphrodite giggled and said, “You three are in love with him.”

“What? Yes! No!” The three heads shouted together.

Aphrodite swam toward them, like a ghost in the pool’s mist. “Don’t resist it. I can sense your love because it is my power to see it inside all living things.”

Katina pointed her claw at the third head. “But Cilla is the one who likes Roger! Not me!”

Labda blushed. “I’m….. sort of in the middle.”

“You three share one body with the same heart,” Aphrodite explained, paddling her feet under the water to remain floating. “Even if your minds are your own, your love will always be shared together. Cilla's feelings are your feelings too.”

Katina scowled at the water. “Damn body!”

“But how could we love Roger if Katina and Labda reject him?” Cilla asked. “I can’t stop liking him… He was always there for us. And he saved us from Acrisius’s control.”

"Any suggestions?" Labda asked.

Aphrodite rose as her drenched hair spread down her chest. She glimmered like a statue on a pedestal in the spotlight. She picked up Katina's right hand and held it gently. "Only you can decide for yourselves. Ask him on a date and seduce him. Reveal your true feelings to him and his heart will grow for you."

"What if I don't want to?" Katina pulled her hand from Aphrodite to cross her arms.

Cilla glared at her. "Stop lying to yourself, Katina. I know you like him too."

Katina grimaced. Her heart raced as she thought about it. Too many emotions whirled inside her head. "I'm….. Confused too!"

"Then let your hearts decide for yourselves," said Aphrodite. "Arrange dinner for Roger after his training. It might be the last meal you will ever have with him. Hehehe."

Cilla lowered her ears. "I hope not. The Fates did say our love will save the world."

Aphrodite held up her finger, glaring as she grinned. "Then make it come true."

For a goddess who cheated on her husband, her advice sounded reasonable. Maybe Katina should date Roger to decide if Aphrodite was right. Indeed, a warrior with mixed feelings could distract her from winning the battle. Those words came from Ares himself.

“What if Roger chickens out on us?” Katina asked. “You know, he rejects us.”

Aphrodite smiled mischievously. “Don’t worry. I can take care of that.”