Shine?

For IncognitoPotato

A/N: I've lost three stories to comments that claim I support inappropriate things. Also, I never delete your guys' comments unless they are rude to other readers or they spoiling a future chapter when you are rereading. Only two stories are working (Scomiche. Kellics are still working). This one and SP. Hopefully more will be released.

Sorry for inconveniences. I understand that you want updates but sending me very rude messages will not speed me up. They actually bring me down. So if you enjoy my stories, want updates, and know what is going on, please don't be rude about it.

Nikkie :)s

FunNikkieFact#2: I hate when people don't put spaces after the end of a sentence and a beginning of a new one. Also when people don't spell out words. Easy words. Weird.

*Eight years later*

"Ugh." I leaned up from the makeshift bed I made last night. I couldn't dream anymore. And if I did, they were nightmares. Not about my family anymore. Instead they were of Shine being torn apart. I held my head as it began pounding. I wish I had some painkillers but those were gone a long time ago.

I didn't want to leave this place. My head hurt, my bones ached, and my muscles tightened when I tried to get up. I pushed myself up anyways. I had to keep following the clues that I found. I packed my stuff up in my old backpack and slung it on my shoulders. I put a chair against the door when I got out of my room to ensure it wouldn't be overrun. Then I walked, looking for another clue. I walked for hours until I saw something.

"Here it is again." I spoke to myself, readjusting my backpack on my shoulders. I touched the blue paint that was in the form of an eye. It was very sloppily drawn. It was old and weathered from the years that it was probably here. I put my back up against the wall and slid down. I opened a can of baked beans. I've gotten use to eating them without cooking them. I was limited to one can of food a day and it was almost noon. "Fuck!" I dropped most of my meal on the ground when a loud noise startled me.

A zombie stumbled slowly towards me. I stayed completely still until it was necessary for me to leave. I calmly set my finished food on the ground and got up. I threw the can at the disgusting being and waltzed off. I wasn't fazed by the dead. They seemed to be continuing their endless search such as I was. I shoved my hands in my pocket so they wouldn't become red with cold. I realized too late that someone was running up on me. I received a clean punch to the jaw that sent me down. I crawled away from my attacker.

"What the hell, Jack?! Stop it! Jack!" Another person ran up to protect me. His hands spread out in a protective manner. The one who punched me kept trying to move towards me.

"He's an outsider in OUR territory!"

"I didn't know! I'll leave."

"Jack, I know him!" Everyone seemed to pause. This Jack character pulled out his gun and came to put it to my head.

"Do you know him?!" I looked at the one who still had his back to me. I don't know anybody. I didn't talk to anybody after this happened. The first think I looked at were the eyes. They sparked my memory.

"Shine?" I tried to sit up a little straighter. I was shoved down roughly.

"What the fuck is 'Shine'?"

"It's our past. Hey, Blue." His accent was completely gone from his speech right now.

"Mitch? What the hell is this?" I guess Shine's real name is Mitch. It fits him.

"He's keeping his promise. So get off him!" Mitch lightly put his hands on Jack's shoulders. His movements didn't go with his tone. I had a feeling that Jack was a leader of some sort. I squeezed my eyes shut as a gun fired. One of the men shot the zombie I wasn't worried with. Jack slowly put his gun away and held a hand out to help me up. I accepted it.