I'm Scott

For superfruitatonix

"Blue?" I heard a knock on my window. I rubbed my eyes and looked towards the source. Mitch was squatting on the roof. I went over to let him in. He sat with his feet dangling inside. "You didn't tell me your name once you got back." I fixed my shirt in my nervousness.

"I wasn't really in a good mood."

"It was Jack, wasn't it?" I didn't say anything. He looked back at the starry night behind us. When he turned back to me, he slipped his hand into mine. "Let's go somewhere else."

"Where?"

"I guess you'll have to trust me." I looked back at my bag. "You won't need it. Come on." He helped me slide down the roof. I waited for him to jump down in my arms after I landed on the ground. My hands where firmly wrapped around his waist as I gently lowered him to the ground.

"How do you expect me to trust you?" I watched as his lips barely went passed mine.

"You trusted me once before." He held my hand tightly as we snuck out the walls.

"Can you tell me where you are taking me?"

"You used to live here? Don't you know?" We snuck in a broken bay side type window. I didn't know where we were. I could barely remember what my house looked like or how to even get there. It was when I saw mannequins in one of the open windows that I realized we were in a mall.

"What are we doing here? It isn't safe." Mitch buzzed his lips to show he thinks I'm ridiculous.

"I come here alone. It's fine. As long as we're quiet they won't come after us." I followed after him. He jumped on the old carousel that was no longer working. "Come here, Blue."

"What?" He giggled as he disappeared around the other side. When I followed after him, he was gone. "Mitch? Mitch?" I went around the whole thing without finding him. I felt myself beginning to panic. I went around for the fourth time.

"Boo!" I let out a small scream and stumbled back on one of the horses. Mitch was hanging from one of the bars that extended to hold the frame of the cover. He laughed loudly.

"That's not funny!"

"It was a little." He motioned for me to come forward. I did as he asked. His arms wrapped around my neck. He was still hanging upside down. "Tell me your name." His voice was so silky and smooth.

"It's Scott." I saw his eyes travel down to my lips.

"Can I kiss you, Scott?" I couldn't keep my eyes on his. I looked down at my feet. What happened earlier today was a burst of confidence. It was kind of out of my control. He tilted my chin up and I felt his lips against mine. It was really awkward to kiss him upside down. He pulled away quickly though. He jumped down from the bar, landing perfectly on his feet.

"Don't scare me like that."

"You need to relax." I sighed in frustration. I went over to sit down in the couples part of the carousal. Mitch took the spot next to me.

"I can't. Not when the world is shit and we treat each other like shit." I could tell he felt awkward. He got up and held on to the pole attached to the frame. His cheek was pressed against the silver structure.

"Jack is just trying to protect me."

"He talks about you like you're a piece of meat." His fingernails tapped rhythmically.

"We've never done anything. It's defense, Scott. I asked him to."

"Why would you do that?" He looked around the mall absentmindedly. He wasn't really thinking about my question. He was thinking about whether he trusted me.

"I can't tell you."

"And you ask me to trust you?" I got up and pretended like I was walking out. I would never leave him though. He grabbed my arm.

"Scott...." He let his head rest in the middle of my back. "I can't tell you right now. I will soon. I just have to talk to Jack about it. He only wants to protect me." I shook my head.

"I don't like the fact that he degrades you."

"He's a nice person. He's like a father to me. The reason he says those things is to bring the attention away from me. No one wants to ruin a relationship in times like this." I turned around. He was staring up at me. Then he poked the tip of my nose. "I will tell you. Just not now. I trusted you with my first kiss because you took care of me when everything seemed to go wrong. I needed you and I still need you. You're something special, Scott. And it feels so good to know your real name."

"Mitch, I-"

"I'm tired of this serious talk. Let's go have some fun." His hand was back into mine. He dragged me into some old stores. We immediately went to the kids section. Mitch, of course, disappeared in the many rows of toys. The only time I saw him was when he popped in with a tiara to put on top of my head. I rolled my eyes at his childishness. He ended up skipping into the bedding area. There was a perfectly made bed in the middle. Mitch messed it up by jumping on it. "Join me." He was patting the spot next to him. I glanced around to check for any danger.

"Fine." I plopped on the bed with him. He took the tiara off my head and put it on his own.

"I'm queen." I was laying on my side to watch him. He had so much sass. But it was a certain amount that still allowed an inner beauty to shine through. "Sometimes I fall asleep here. It's safe."

"The point of telling me that was?"

"I don't want to go back there for the rest of the night. Will you stay with me?"

"We have no weapons." He gripped my shirt tightly.

"Please. We won't be hurt. I've done it a thousand times." I sighed.

"Why do you act like you have a death wish?" His bottom lip jutted out in a pout. "I'm not going to be able to fall asleep." We both got under the covers. The covers were soft and inviting. The only thing that let my eyes droop shut....

Was Mitch curling up against my chest to fall asleep.