Chapter 1 - The Realm

Y/N = Your Name
F/N = Friend Name

It was 9:23 in the morning. Y/N woke up and covered her face with her hand since the light was seeping through the blinds. Y/N groaned as she started to get ready for work but then she realised. Her alarm wasn't set for 5am. She didn't have work today.

She quickly changed clothes to something more casual and called F/N, her best friend. They agreed to spend the day out together. Y/N got on the bus and listened to some music, it helped her relax. Eventually, she got off the bus and walked over to her friends house.

She always took the shortcut through the woods since it saved around 4 minutes. It was quite dangerous with the river flowing at a fast speed and gaps in the ground but if it saved a lot of time, it was worth it. Y/N had always managed to jump the gap between the river, but this time, it was different.

Y/N fell into the river. She missed the jump. Terror went through her body as she started to scream before fainting. When she awoke she was in the woods again, but something was off. She wasn't wet in the slightest and the river was gone.

Instead, there was a little shack with... Red lockers and stairs leading down? Since when was this here? And why was it so eerie? She walked down the stairs carefully but it was futile as she felt sharp metal dig into her ankle and a loud *SNAP*.

She screamed out in pain as she tried to pry the trap off but to no avail. Her heart started to beat really fast and she heard footsteps and heavy breathing. She looked over her shoulder to see a red glow on the floor and a large, muscular man wearing a mask and carrying a machete.

She screamed even louder as the man picked her up and put her on his shoulder. He walked down the stairs and put her on a hook. Y/N screamed out in pain as the rusty metal penetrated her shoulder. She sat on that hook for a while and the pain started to nullify.

She started to see these spider leg things form around the hook. Oddly, she wasn't phased by this, probably due to the adrenaline rushing through her body from being caught in a bear trap and put on a meathook. Her life-force started to fade away as the spider legs tried to strike her in the chest.

She caught it in time but was struggling against them. She couldn't keep this up for very long. The spider legs eventually persisted through her grip and impaled her. She let out a short scream before she couldn't even scream anymore. The spider legs then raised her into the air and she was taken into a black mist.