1.0

Jax

Cold and the feeling of drowning isn't something you'd want to wake up to.

My eyes shot open to water being poured over my face, painfully slow. The weight of a person was on my chest and panic flood through me.

I spluttered, pushing whoever was on me off.

"Glad to see you're up now." Mason laughed, throwing the bucket on the floor.

"What the fuck was that for?" I wiped my face while giving a quick kick to his knee which he dodged.

"I feel better now." He bluntly said before walking out the room. I took five minutes to catch my breath before drying off and getting dressed.

"You're an asshole." I said as I walked into the kitchen, Mason was sitting at the counter, a smirk spread on his face.

"I can't kill you so almost drowning you would do." Maybe I was wrong about him being sane.

"You're fucked up."

"Not as much as you." He replied.

"What are you getting?" I asked Mase.

We were on our way to a tattoo parlour, discussing what we wanted and where it would go. These would be special pieces as they are tribute pieces to my love.

"I think I might get it on my face." He said, feeling his hands all over his face, I guess to look for the perfect spot.

"It might make your face a little more enjoyable to look at."

"Micah is practically my twin and you're attracted to him which means you're attracted to me."

"And somehow you're still the ugliest brother." His smug little smile turned into a frown. My job was done here.

I like that when he talked about Micah, he didn't use words like was and were. He talks as though he is still here and it makes me feel quite warm inside. I'd never tell him that though!

Once we were in, the tattooists were quick to sketch up what we wanted. Once they were finished, we were taken to seperate chairs.

I was excited, I hadn't gotten a tattoo in a long time, and it was probably the most meaningful tattoo I will ever have.

"So, a bear?" Sylvie, the tattoo artist asked me.

"Mm, a bear." I hummed.

"Does this have meaning?" She questioned and I was annoyed by it.

"My late partner's nickname is Bear." I said to her, keeping the conversation quick and short. Some stranger didn't need to know my business.

I decided it would go on my chest, where my heart was. Sappy and romantic, I know! I won't love anyone as much as I love my bear.

"That's a nice place for it, very special." Sylvie said and I just nodded my head.

She prepped the area and pressed the stencil on before going straight in. It hurt a lot but it also felt so good at the same time.

She would trace then wipe then trace then wipe again, repeating the process. "How did she die? If you don't mind me asking?"

"He." I corrected her.

"I'm sorry! I shouldn't have assumed." She said, her voice was sad. I didn't care. How dare she.

"Damn right." I wanted to storm out but if I moved she would surely mess up and I didn't want that. It has to be perfect, just like him.

"I'm sorry." She said again.

"He was killed." He muttered out and she stopped, moving the gun away from my chest.

"That's tough, I am so sorry for your loss. Your tattoo is so beautiful and will honour him beautifully." She placed her hand on my thigh and squeezed it, quite unprofessional of her.

"Thanks." I didn't talk the rest of the session. She finished, covered it and gave me instructions on how to care for it.

I followed her to the front desk to pay, Mason was already sitting there, waiting for me.

"Give us a look!" He said, standing from his chair. I lifted my shirt to show him and he smiled.

"That looks amazing." He said, wiping a fake tear away from the corner of his eye.

"Where's yours?" I asked, he turned his head to show his left temple. A simple, yet elegant M was now marked there. Somehow I knew it wasn't just for Micah, but for all of the brothers.

"I like it." I said and he smiled before looking away, I knew he was trying not to cry.

We walked out and made our way to see Micah to show him our new ink.

"Reckon he'll like them?" Mase asked.

"Of course he would."

We sat with Micah for what seemed like hours, it was starting to get late and Mason gave this whole speech about the spirits of the rested coming out to play a night so he had to go.

Not me though, I haven't been to see him in a while. The least I could do was stay in hopes I see him as one of these spirits Mason is so scared to see.

"I miss you, we're going to be together soon enough. Wait for me, Bear. I'm coming." I smiled, lying down on the grass next to him. At this point I was too tired to leave, I know he'll keep me safe if I fell asleep here.

"Goodnight, Bear." I whispered, resting my hands against the back of my head. The stars were bright tonight, i'd be fine if they were the last things I ever saw. My eyes fluttered shut and I was on the verge of sleep.

I'll see you in my dreams, baby.

The wind was wild and it carried words I could only hoped was the one I loved.

"Goodnight, Jax."