0.2

Numb, anger, grief, disappointment. Only a few things Jax felt nowadays.

He sat on the grass, the time being just after 5pm. His mother told him he was looking pale and needed to get more sun so he would soak up the last hour of sun there was.

He looked forward to the sunset, the sky changed and was a different colour each night. He imagined that his Micah was up there with a paintbrush, the beautiful blends of orange, reds, pinks and purples were because of him.

He only hoped Micah had a peaceful place on a fluffy, soft clouds and that he would continue to guide him because he very well needed it.

"I know what you're thinking, that couldn't be scientifically correct." Jax said out loud. He knew clouds were fluffy but they sure as hell looked it.

It wasn't long before Mason was walking out to the backyard, ruining Jax's only time of peace.

"It smells so fucking good in there." He announced, an obnoxiously loud groan escaping his lips.

"I could marry your mother just for her cooking."

"Why are you always here?" Jax couldn't help but roll his eyes right to the back of his head before standing up.

"I'm here for dinner." Mason said with a smile.

Mason seemed to be here every other day and it was all in good reason. He had no one at home. One brother was dead and the other might as well be dead. Jax felt like a brother to him and there's no way he could deal with losing another brother so he sticks around. Even if Jax doesn't like it.

Life now seemed lonely but at least they still had each other even if there is no one else to fill that void.

"Dinners ready!" Sarah called from the door.

Both of them rush to get inside, moving as if they were starving. The smell of potato top pie instantly hitting their senses.

"Mason dear, how is your father doing?" Sarah asked, after the death of Micah. Her and the boys father had been talking but over time she decided that it wasn't the best move, for the sake of her son.

But of course she would still check up on the man, feeling as though he was changing from what rumours she had heard previously about it.

"Same ol drunk to me." Mason said while coating his whole slice of pie in tomato sauce.

"And Michael? Have you heard from him?" No one had seen the eldest brother of the three since that day. It was like he had dropped off the end of the Earth.

"Mum, give it a rest." Jax muttered, noticing Mason was uncomfortable by the second question he was asked.

"I'm sorry, Mase. I didn't mean to pry." She said, her voice soft and low.

"It's no big deal." He said, continuing to plow into his dinner.

Mason was used to it by now, everyone asking him about his family. It's always how is your dad, where's your brother? His answers were all the same, he didn't know and he didn't care.

"Sarah, you are literally the best cook ever." Mason said, trying to break the barrier of awkwardness in the room.

"Thank you, Mase! I'm glad someone appreciates it." She said while glaring at her son.

"What?" Jax raised an eyebrow at his mother with a laugh. She responded in throwing her oven mitt at his head.

"Why can't you be nicer like Mason? My troubled troubled son." She muttered, kissing Jax all over on the face.

"Ma, I am nice! He's the mean one!"

"As if." Mason laughed, finishing his plate off then washing it off in the sink before putting it in the dishwasher.

"He even cleans up after himself!" Sarah gasped.

"Mason, go home." Jax jokingly said.

"Sorry, Jax. I'm replacing you, you can go home to somewhere else." Mason was loving the attention he was getting from Sarah, wishing he had a mother like her.

"You can only wish, Mase." Jax laughed.

If only Mason had a star to wish on.