1.3

Mason

Today I had been sent on a grocery run for my Mama Sarah, she had asked Jaxton but of course he's "too busy". He's such an ass.

She had given me her card and a full list of things to get. I had never really been grocery shopping by myself before, it was a little weird.

Usually Michael would do the full shopping or I'd pop in to grab one or two items but never a full carts worth. Is this what being an Adult is?

I walked into the store and grabbed one of the larger carts, the bigger the better is what I always say.

Looking at the list, she was kind enough to put it in order of the aisles, fresh produce, meats, pantry items, dairy and frozen items.

I made my way to the produce section, pushing the cart in front of me.

Lettuce ✔️
Carrots ✔️
Tomatoes ✔️
Cucumber✔️
Apples✔️
Bananas✔️
Rock melon✔️

The list went on and as I went along I would tick it off, making sure not to miss a single thing. I wouldn't want to disappoint Sarah!

I spent at least an hour in there and by the time I was finished, I was starving. My stomach rumbled, yelling at me to feed it something good.

Walking through the shopping centre, continuing to weave the cart through the many people who couldn't care for anyone around them but theirselves.

Slow ass walkers...

The food court wasn't as packed as usual which was nice for me, I glanced around figuring out what my next move would be.

"Mason!" My head turned at the familiar voice, one I hadn't heard in a very, very long time.

"It's been so long, Mase!" Another one chimed and before I knew it, the three of them were standing in front of my cart, blocking my way of all the delicious food places.

"Hey, guys. It's been a while." I nodded, not really wanting to talk to these people.

"How are you?" My brothers best friend, Chase asked.

"Fine, and you?"

He nodded his head, "me too."

"Have lunch with us! I'll buy." Lane said, Tia nodding her head while grabbing the shopping trolley off of me.

How could I say no to free food?

"Okay."

We all agreed on McDonalds which didn't bother me at all, I could really use a big mac after all my hard work of food shopping.

Lane and Chase were waiting to collect our food while Tia and I looked for a spot to eat.

"You look great, Mason." Tia complimented.

"Thanks, Tia." I smiled.

I felt a little uncomfortable being around the people my little brother was so close with in his schooling years. So close yet I never saw any one of them until now after his funeral.

"Are you seeing—" Before Tia could finish her sentence, Chase and Lane were slipping in the seats next to us.

"So, Mase. What have you been up to?"

"Oh, not much, just plotting to kill my brothers killer, what about you?" Is what I wish I could say so instead I reply with, "working, and you guys?"

"What do you do?" Tia asked before anyone could reply to my question, she's pushier than I remember.