1.1

Mason

One month had flew past and the second month of waiting was coming to an end, I was still nervous about everything. I am never this nervous for anything.

Unknown Number:
This will be your last warning.

I clutched my phone in my hand, re reading each text message from this unknown number, there's been at least five messages now and I still have no clue as to who it is.

Jaxton tells me to ignore them, but how can I? These threats don't help with my nervousness.

"Glass of Lemonade?" Sophie questioned as she walked outside to the top of the stairs. As I said to no one in particular, I would fix those stairs for her so here I am.

I didn't know anything about woodwork or whatever but with a quick youtube look up, I was a pro at this.

"Thank you." I gladly took the lemonade from her hands and gulped it down. It's hard work being a working man.

"I can't thank you enough, let me pay you!" She said and of course I declined. I'd never take money from her.

"No need, Soph."

"Let me make you dinner then!" She protested, how could I say no to that? Free dinners, that's what I'm talking about.

I wonder if she is as good as Sarah when it comes to cooking.

"Sure, why not?" I smiled.

"Great!" She clapped her hands together. "I will run to the store, when you're finished here just go straight inside and wait for me." She instructed.

"Ai Ai, captain!" I saluted her and she laughed before going on her way.

It took me another hour or so to finish the steps, I must say so myself, they're looking great.

Call me Bob the builder.

Satisfied, I took a picture to show anyone and everyone that I can fix stuff. I'm a real man at this point.

Sophie had returned a little while before I had finished, when I walked inside it was like I was hit by a truck of scent. It smelt delicious.

I walked to the bathroom to wash my hands and make myself look a little more presentable.

"You definitely aren't the ugliest brother, Mason." I hyped myself out before walking out of the bathroom.

I walked towards the kitchen and leaned against the doorway. Sophie had her back turned away from me, she looked delicious.

"Smells amazing in here." I said, breaking the silence.

"Mase! I'm making bolognese." She smiled. "Shouldn't be too long."

——
Her cooking was just as good as Sarah's. It was absolutely delicious.

"That was amazing, thank you for that!" I chimed and she sat there with that big smile for her.

We sat in silence for a little while, it was a good kind of silence, we were just enjoying each others company.

"Not long to go now." Sophie said, leaning back in her chair.

"Hm?" I hummed.

"Are you going to kill that guy?" She asked, if I was eating right now I probably would've choked.

"No," I said, it was true. If he was to be killed, it wouldn't be from my hands.

"What did he do to you guys?" She questioned before gasping. "I'm so sorry, just ignore me!"

"It's okay." I reached over to her, placing my hand ontop of hers.

We hadn't told her why we were doing this or even what our plan was. Only that we needed her for part of it, a very important part.

"He killed my little brother." Her eyes twinkled and watered. I already felt bad for telling her that.

"Oh, Mase. I am so sorry." A tear slipped to her cheek, I was quick to wipe it away.

"Don't be, it's not your fault."

"If I was you, I'd want him dead." She surprised me by saying that. Of course I want him dead, he took my siblings away from me.

"You're too sweet to be saying evil things like that." I teased her and she just laughed.

"Will you tell me more of your plan? I'd like to know if I'm apart of it."

She had all the right to be asking about it, I just didn't know whether she was ready to hear any of it.

"How do I know you're not an undercover cop?"

"Oh man, you've caught me!" She laughed, putting her hands up.

From there, I began to tell her the plan and every reason why we were doing it.

"Let's get that motherfucker!" She yelled, letting out a battle cry while tossing her arms in the air.

I'll marry this women.