Kabanata 21

Kabanata 21:
A Date

Threscia Alessandra's Point of View

When the band permitted, Grant let my hand go as the vocalist gave him an acoustic guitar and the stage. As for me, I can't help but smile. My happiness was so intense and it frightened me but might as well relish this moment with him. 

The drummer gave me a stool for me to sit making me look at him, "thank you," I spoke and he just smiled at me. Umupo naman ako sa stool na katabi ni Grant na hinahanda ang gitara.

I then looked at Grant while waiting for him to say something. Sumulyap ito saglit sa akin bago binalik ang tingin sa madla na ngayo'y kinikilig sa amin. 

"Hello, everyone. I'm Grant and I composed a song for my fiancee. The title is All I Want. So this song is for her," my heart started to thump fast knowing that he composed a song for me and will dedicate it for me. 

I can't help but feel emotional with it. Hindi ko alam na may c-in-ompose pala siyang kanta para sa akin. Hindi ko alam pero sobrang saya ko ngayon. 

Nang tumingin siya sa akin ay ngumiti siya, "baobei, this is for you," he said and gave me a wink making me giggled. He then focused on the crowd who were looking at us with so much admiration and some of them whistled.

Halata rin sa kanila na kinikilig sila sa amin, pati ako ay kinikilig. Tumingin na ako sa crowd na nakangiti sa amin. 

Then the crowd went silent as my heart is still thumping so fast. I immediately took my phone out of my bag and take this chance to record the both of us. 

Itinutok ko muna sa akin ang camera at kumaway sa screen bago ko nilipat ang video kay Grant. He started to strum his guitar and began humming. 

"Tell me what you feel. All that we've been through... All that we've been through," as he started singing our eyes then met and I'm still wearing a smile. I can't help but admire his soulful and soothing voice.

His voice matches the genre of the song he wrote which is a ballad song. I almost forget that he knows how to sing and he's good at it. 

"We've been running and talking. I don't know what to say... I don't know why I do what I do," he continued while still staring at me. 

"Just try hard baby. Let's pretend it's not nighttime. For your arms to touch, all the things we used to know."

Pagkatapos n'on ay nilipat ko naman ang camera sa crowd na winawagayway ang mga kamay nila sa ere at dinarama ang kanta ni Grant. 

Kapagkuwa'y tumayo nilipat ko ang video kay Grant. Kay Grant kasi ako nakaharap ngayon kaya hindi ako nahihirapan sa pagkuha ng video. 

"I just know it hurts inside. Don't know if I can deal with it. All that I want is you... All that I want is you," he sang the chorus then took a glance at the crowd. 

Kalaunan ay binalik niya ang tingin niya sa akin at binanggit ang huling line ng chorus, "and every sign that you have shown. Finding myself loving you."

He then sings the following verse. 

"Never thought I'd find someone who'd keep my heart on fire and never let me go. I've been trying to catch my breath and keep me running away," he sang and I suddenly felt the song. Did he really find himself loving me? 

Tumitig ako sa kaniya na dinarama niya ang kinakanta niya. 

"I just know it hurts inside. Don't know if I can deal with it. All that I want is you... All that I want is you. And every sign that you have shown, finding myself loving you," he repeated the chorus.