7. Grandma's Couch

(*Possible Trigger Warning: Mentions of dead parents, drug abuse*)

A few more weeks had since gone by, and Fez and Lexi were only getting closer. It was definitely a scary feeling for the both of them, but something about it was just hard to stray from. They were both as equally intrigued as they were afraid of pursuing this new connection, and were learning more and more about each other with each passing day.

"..Favorite food..definitely pizza. And you literally can put whatever you want on it, feel me? Can never go wrong with it," Fez said during another one of their meetups.

Lately, the two had sort of been "sneaking around" with each other, you see. Mostly for Lexi's sake, as she was still anxious about becoming too close and people finding out. It made her feel guilty, but part of her didn't mind the alone time and the bond that they shared undercover.

If Fez had it his way, he'd tell the whole world already. He didn't care about what people would think of them (even though they still weren't an official couple yet). Nobody would bother to try him anyway, most were too afraid. If not of him, then of Ashtray-who would go to war with anybody over his big brother!

The only real hesitation that Fez still struggled with was the feeling that he didn't deserve someone like Lexi. That she could do much better, and eventually would.

He tried to block those negative feelings out, but sometimes they became too strong to ignore. Everything in his brain was telling him how much of a loser he was, and how he was too dangerous to be with Lexi, and that one day the girl would see right through it and cut him off.

But his heart beat to a different tune, and every time he saw her beautiful and sweet face, the negative and doubtful feelings started to slowly fade away. She didn't judge him. He needed someone like that in his life.

Little did he know, Lexi genuinely needed the same thing.

"..My favorite food would have to be macaroni and cheese," Lexi grinned. "Comfort food."

"Mac n cheese is ight," Fez shrugged. "Not really my favorite."

"What!" Lexi fake-gasped dramatically. "You don't like mac n cheese?"

He laughed. "It ain't all that."

"..No, you have not lived til you've had my dad's famous baked four cheese macaroni and cheese! That would definitely change your mind," she defended.

Fez paused as he was rolling his blunt, as an uncomfortable silence settled in the air over the two. He coughed awkwardly and Lexi faltered.

"I-I.."

"You never really talk about your pops, shorty...It-It just caught me a lil' off guard, is all..." he tried, not wanting to offend the girl, who was already clearly embarrassed.

Lexi bit her lip. "I, uh...Yeah, I know that. He isn't really around anymore," she mumbled, playing with her thumbs.

Over the past few weeks that they'd been becoming more acquainted, Fez had taken notice of some of Lexi's quirks, habits, and mannerisms-he'd quickly learned that playing or fidgeting with her thumbs was always something she resorted to doing whenever she was nervous or on edge, which happened more frequently than he'd liked to admit about noticing.

"..Do..You wanna talk about it, or nah?" He frowned, attempting to let her know that it was okay with him if she needed to vent. He wanted to save her so badly. Especially because Fezco knew exactly what it was like to not have a father.

Lexi sighed, quickly blinking back tears. She didn't want to cry in front of him. Guys like Fez weren't very emotional or receptive to...well, feelings. He'd probably never talk to her again.