chapter eleven

i decided this morning i could drive kenny to school, i mean after bailing me out. it was the most i could do.

i parked my car near her house and waited for her outside, she didn't know i was picking her up, i figured she needed it, she'd always walk to school everyday so why not. 

she steps out, she wore a breezy dark green dress that flew through the wind, it perfectly complimented her hair color.

she lowers her eyebrows confused and stops walking.

she stares at the car, then tilts her head to the passenger seat noticing that it was me.

i roll the windows down, with a soft wave. "don't question it," i say.

she pull her backpack up on her shoulders and doesn't talk.

her sister, august walks out the door behind her. "who's that." she whispered quietly.

"timothée."

although i knew both kenny and i would be late to class, i didn't mind taking her sister as well. they both get into the car, august went on a hiatus about how she was terrified for school. 

"i don't think many people likes me in class, i wanna be popular like the girls in movies." august says,

i interrupt, "that shit should not matter. what matters is that you are awesome and have a cool ass backpack."

she holds her backpack even tighter. "a boy called it ugly. he said the glitter made him want to puke." she mumbled, trying to pick the glitter off.

"tell him you have a friend that'll kick his dad's ass."

kenny laughs, and so did the rest of us.

"i have a friend?!"  august says, her eyes widen.

"sure as hell do." i say, looking back at her.

"i have a friend..." a smile paved in, she repeated with the happy realization.

we eventually dropped august off, both me and kenny made our way to the office getting a late slip. it was silent between those minutes, we both just glared at each other and looked away the entire time.

we had to report back to class, the class her and i both had. statistics.

everyone turned their heads towards the both us of walking in.

they knew about the fight. me defending kenny's name when she wasn't there. everyone knew. cause some dip shit airdropped the fight to everyone.

"look who's friends now." i hear whispers.

"be careful he'll beat the shit out of you. all the sudden he's kenny security." they laughed.

"who said it?" i chimed in with a grin on my face, i was already annoyed, it was silences between the entire class, but not one person stepped up admitting it.

kenny tugs the selves of my hoodie gently, "don't do that. be nice." she nods, saying quietly before going to sit down.

i was trying to keep my balance, but i never really had any patiences left—especially not enough for this stupid fucking school.

kenny was one to ignore situations and drama, clearly. but i was the complete opposite. and i'm still trying to figure that out.

"oh...." mackenzie whispers to her friends. "imagine dating the girl you fucking bullied."

"not dating." i clarifying. "imagine getting back with your ex and accusing me of cheating though." i say.

she laughs nervously, not knowing i'd say anything back. "i- i...i didn't do that."