chapter eighteen

[kenny's POV
kenny's POV]

"i'm not going to school anymore kenny." timothée tells me.

"what?"

"i can't just live here for free. i'm paying your mom back everything."

"you still need to go school." i begged.

"it's not that simple. i gotta work, i'll take credits in the summer and somehow graduate then, but i can't right now."

he already applied for a job, he was gonna be working day and night. it was going to be a lot of work and a lot of changes, but he had to, he said it's what best to do.

"'my mom doesn't want you to owe her anything."

"i couldn't be more thankful," he say. "but i have to,"

"okay, but i just don't want you missing out on things,"

he sighs, "i'm not missing out on a single thing, promise,"

"whatever you do, i'll support you. just let me know if you need help. ill be there timothée,"

"oh come on kenny boy! you have done enough! enough! enough for me," he smiled kissing my temple, "i owe you everything," his voice lingers my body.

i get ready to walk. he stops me, insisting on walking me as well, his mom took his car, changed the locks to the house, and wants nothing to do with him.

i can see the sadness in his face, the change in his behavior, he became more quiet. almost like his spirit been ripped away.

we made it to the front of school, he kisses me on the forehead, it was something i got used to. i loved when he did it each time.

made me feel secured.

"let me know if anything happens today." he says,

"okay."

if i'm being honest, i don't know what me and timothée were, i just knew we cared for each other a lot.

i loved him. maybe more than expected.

i failed my physics test, i couldn't help but think of him, i missed him already. my heart felt like it was running a marathon, i feel like i run out of words around him.

harry sees me in the halls, he doesn't say a thing. i messed up, i liked both boys at once. although, harry wasnt the greatest.

i didn't like harry—at least not a lot.

i walk the empty halls trying to get to my next class, i was late. a footstep falling me from behind.

i turn and see harry.

"your boyfriend is not here today?" he asked.

"no." i say still walking, he catches up.

"you don't have to be like this kenny. remember you cheated on me." he says,

"cheated? we never dated harry." i say, "and if you wanna talk about cheating— is that a rash on your neck?" i say sarcastically.

he touches his neck, tilting his face, he seemed angry. "guess we're even."

"whatever happened between us, let's just end it, okay." i say,

"okay..." he seemed relax, then an outburst of anger infuses from him. "just know. i never liked you. and timothée he doesn't either. he's using you. you are a bet with whoever fucks you first," he says, ignorantly.