-2-

Ahoy Friends
Sorry I forgot to put a trigger warning in the last chapter for JJ and his dad

Mild trigger warning ⚠️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~| Kie's POV |~
I was on my way to the chateau with leftover food for JJ and me to eat. Sure I still care about Pope but its awkward after we kissed. I don't like him in that way and I was going to tell him but he just lost his bestfriends. I pulled up to the chateau and called out " JJ, you there!". He was probably sleeping or something...no need to worry I thought when I got no answer. I opened the door and as I screamed nearly dropping the food on the floor. I put the food on the counter and rushed over the the blond boy sprawled out on the floor blood streaming down his forehead. " JJ, JJ WAKEUP PLEASE!" I yelled while shaking him. He started to stir on the floor a little bit. Tears were streaming down my face at this point. He groaned, obviously in pain. His eyes opened and he started looking around frantically. " J, Jayge its ok your here with me in the chateau". I said trying to sound reassuring. " K-kie". " its me J, I'm just gonna sit you up okay". He nodded. I adjusted him so he was propped up against the wall. I stared at him. Even when he was hurt he was still unbelievably hot. Wait- God what am I saying he's my best friend. " what happend JJ..?". I asked. " I, I don't know i was drinking beers on the couch then I felt a sharp pain and the next thing I know ur crying on my face". He laughed slightly. I stirred uncomfortably staring at the beer bottles knowing JJ has been drinking his problems away for 3 weeks. " come on let's get you up so we can clean you up". I lifted him to the bathroom and wet a wash cloth. "JJ howd this happen to you". " um, ... you know, same old same old". He said as he stared at the floor. " promise me to only go back there if you NEED to". I said while dabbing at the side if his head. " I promise". He looked up into my eyes. He had such gorgeous blue eyes, and his freckles. He had freckles?. How had she just noticed this?. We were staring into each others eyes for what seemed like forever. JJ started leaning in. Our lips were almost touching and we were about to break that gap. RINGGGGGG. My phone started going off. " Shit, hold on". I answered the phone to my dad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
○| JJ's POV |○
We almost kissed. I almost kissed kie. Am I complaining, no. Her curly brown locks just drew me to her and I couldn't stop. I think she wants it too. Maybe I have a chance. Anyway in a conclusion my head is still bleeding and there's blood on the wall and floor from the result of mt last beating. I don't want to go back. I can't handle this anymore.

Kie came back in and started cleaning my head again and but a gigantic band-aid over it. Then we decided to clean the wall and floor in the morning and ate the food kie brought. "Kie". I said. I was ready to share. "Hmm?". She replied. "Its from my last beating with my dad..". I felt tears welling up. No I can't cry, not around kie. "Oh JJ I know". She said. She stared at me. Trying to figure me out. A tear started to come down. "Oh JJ...". She brought me in for a hug. I cried into her shoulder for a long time.