× People do like you ×

• Y/n Pov •

I didn't leave Monty's room. i couldn't bring myself to. today was already so shitty.

Monty had to leave for the performance. I sat there crying for a bit. I felt like a big baby. Why was he here.. and why did he think he had any chance.

God. I don't even remember his name.

I held the Monty plush again and squeezed it against my chest.

All i wanted was for Monty to be there. for him to tell me everything would be okay. Hours passed by already and I couldn't even bring myself to move.

He would love to see me again. I remembered. Our little thing I guess.

I wiped my tears and checked the time. I had a few minutes before it started. I could be there and watch him. I could stay out of sight.

-----

• Monty POV •

"Where did this guy even come from?" I was talking with Freddy.

"All i know is that he and Vanessa are working together." Freddy wasn't too helpful

"for?"

"that's all i know. I'm sorry"

"Y/n is so upset right now. and I can't even be there for them. I can't fix this. I mean hell I could smash the guy's face in." I balled my fists

"maybe dont.. do that.. the show starts in a few minutes."

"I'll do it later. Listen Freddy i love y/n. I've never fucking mattered to anyone like I matter to them. I'll do anything i can to see them happy again"

Freddy smiled at me. "I'm glad you have each other. If you need help with this guy let me know."

I smiled back "thanks, i appreciate you"

The stage lifted.

-----

• Y/N POV •

I booked it to the stage. tons of people were here. it was just like any other day. I got as close to the front that I could safely. My ex wasn't around. Vanessa wasn't around it was just the show and the crowd.

I'd be suspicious but it'd be stupid to not just enjoy this.

The stage lifted and the lights dimmed. The animatronics lifted up.

I notice Monty first. Obviously. He scans over the crowd, his normal regular big smiled.

He catches my eye, his smile softens, and once again he winks. I laugh and blow a kiss.

Then they start playing. The energy filling the room with life. I forget about all the issues from the past.

It's just me and Monty.

and everyone else in the crowd.

But, I don't care.

It's silly. I never thought things would work out. but they're working. We're working. And I love him.

And he loves me.

-----

The show continues and ends a few hours later.

I'm exhausted again but can't exactly just go home and sleep. so I go to Monty's gator golf. people are here obviously so I just sit around, of course helping people if need be I am still staff.

A kid came up. "Do you like Monty?"

"oh yeah absolutely." I knelt down. and gave a quick glance around to see if I could find their parents. They were close behind.

"He's my favorite!"

"He's my favorite too!" I smiled "Did you know that he loves all his fans? just a little secret from me to you"

"does that mean he would want to be my friend?"

"of course!"

the kid looks up, beaming, I then feel a hand on my shoulder. quickly turning my head around, it's Monty.

"here he is now" I get up and stand beside him

"wow!!!! you're so cool!"

Monty grinned. "thank you little guy"

the kid giggled and ran off to their parents

Monty looked at me. "you were there."

"of course i was. you'd think I'd miss seeing you up there?"

"nah. of course you wouldn't sweetheart"

I smiled. "it's nice seeing you there. You're so energetic and happy."

"you are too. I see the way you dance to the music. wish I could see it all the time"

"just ask and I'll dance for you" I laughed. "I'm far from a good dancer though"

"oh shut up you've never seen yourself dance clearly"

An overhead speaker announced the pizza megaplex was closing soon. people started to finish the game or just stop and put their stuff back. I held people put things back or get final prizes.

Soon everyone was gone. and it was just me and Monty.

"I'll have to go home soon. I hate how fast days go when I'm with you" I looked up at him

"Maybe I'm just that fun" he laughed

"you are. More people like you than you know Monty. I know it's not just me"

"you're too nice to me y/n. nobody really likes me like you."

"maybe not like me but close enough. you're a lot better than you put yourself out to be you know."

I put my hand on his cheek and kiss him

"thank you."