Toru Oikawa

Lover

"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person"

 -Mignon McLaughlin

*

*

(Y/N L/N P.O.V)

We had our mini Christmas party with a couple of our friends. We did what any normal Christmas party does. We had hot chocolate, eggnog, cookies, cake, food, and a couple of beers. We also did secret Santa and exchanged our gifts. It was so much fun being able to hang out with everyone we know. 

Anyway here I am with Oikawa cleaning up the mess we left. It was like 8 a.m. in the morning when we began cleaning. The streamers, confetti, bottles of beer on the floor, cups, plates and wrapping paper. 

Oikawa was washing the dishes while I was picking up all the wrapping paper. "I'm no longer hosting a party in our house anymore", I said while picking up the stupid red wrapping paper. "Yeah I totally agree with you", Oikawa said while I laugh a little. "Do you want coffee, tea, some left over eggnog, or hot chocolate?". I walked to the kitchen and said, "Hot chocolate please". I threw the wrapping paper in the recycling bin we have. 

As he was making my hot chocolate and his as well I went back to the living room and saw the Christmas lights there. Hmmmm.....

........  

"We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January

And this is our place, we make the rules

"I think we should leave the Christmas lights up" I said. "Yeah let's leave them up till January", he handed me my hot chocolate. "Oh! Thank you, love", I grabbed the hot chocolate and sat on the couch. "It is our place, so we make the rules", I said.  

"Yup you are right Y/N" Oikawa sipped his chocolate while resting on the couch. "You know in 2 days we'll be married", he grabbed my hand that had the engagement ring on and brought up to his lips and kissed it.

And there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you, dear

Have I known you 20 seconds or 20 years?

Just looking at him makes me think of all the wonderful memories we shared together. 

First date...

First kiss...

And our first night together

All of these sweet and beautiful memories rush in my mind. Especially when we first dated. Sure he was seen as the popular guy in school and girls would be around him. I was thinking when I first saw him, 'wow he sure is surrounded by a bunch of girls, if I was surrounded by a bunch of guys I would faint due to my social anxiety' 

But who knew that a popular guy like him would like a girl like me. Someone who has social anxiety and is an indoor person, so that means I don't go to parties, too many people.

But anyway here I am with him, and thinking have I really known him for what seems like 20 seconds or 20 years? Who knows because I love him. He of course had a mysterious persona that I wanted to crack and I had. 

He had put so much pressure on him during volleyball. He would works extremely hard and often endures vigorous solo practices after his normal practices with his team. In addition, he spends time at home watching past games of his rivals in order to observe their movements and patterns ahead of time, and strategizing how to defeat them, but despite that, he still takes time off on Mondays for rest.