VIII - Parte 1

Bexley 

I finish fixing up the last sheet of Dimitri's bed as he continues to read his book in the corner. He has his window open, the dark curtains pulled back, a steaming cup of coffee on the mahogany nightstand. He wears some black sweatpants and a loose white T-shirt; casual. His parents went out for a picnic a while ago, a small meal filled with small snacks and fruits made by Mrs. A and me. Much to Dimitri's dismay, they are still staying here three days after his birthday. Whenever he asks his mom when they will be leaving, Mrs. A always responds with a laugh and a quick, "How cute." 

I take a deep breath and fully turn my body to face Dimitri. I clear my throat and feel myself stand up straighter. In response to the interruption, he looks up from his book and raises a brow at me, he doesn't put down his book and doesn't seem to be doing any time so. I swallow the lump that grew in my throat and tried to think of how I wanted to ask the question I wanted to ask. 

"Your heart is rising and I can smell the nerves rolling off your body, and frankly it's ruining the mood of my book. So, what is it, cariño." Dimitri continues to look down at his book as he speaks.

I lick my lips and speak with confidence, "I was wondering if I can start getting paid for my work here."

"Okay."

I raise a brow at his immediate reaction, but continue to talk, "But I want the money to be sent to my parents."

He stops reading and looks at me again, "Why? Do they need it?"

I nod and look down as I feel my thoughts roll to the worry I feel for them, hoping they're okay.

He sighs and thinks for a second before he looks back at me, his eyes staring me down to my spot, "It's too risky. I'd have to drop off the money myself."

My solution is already on my lips, "You can use some of the money to pay someone to give it to them."

"They could follow me back."

"Not if you're far enough from here, and your senses are heightened so you'd know if anyone was following you."

"I don't-"

I cross my arms, "And you're parents are still here, I could always go and tell your parents the truth on how I'm not your mate."

He smirks and raises his dark brow, "And how do you know you aren't my mate?"

I feel my body go into a moment of shock and confusion. I fail to come up with a response so I just ignore the comment, "Will you do this for me or not?"

"Do what?!" I hear a loud yell echo through the house, definitely Mrs. A.

He puts his book down and sighs. At that moment, I hear the door open and turn in time to see a brightly smiling Mrs. A, who has actually asked me to call her Rosalie. I look down at my clothes in a slight panic only to remember that I was wearing casual clothing. Dimitri said I didn't have to wear that stupid maid uniform and something tells me it had to do with a small threat I made. One which included me going to cry to his parents and blaming him for it. The big bad wolf fears his parents and I like to use things to my benefit. 

Which right now, I could do.

I look at Dimitri with a smirk and give him a wink, and right before his eyes, I change my whole facial expression completely to one of a distressed and sad woman. He gapes at me stares in shock as I turn to face his sweet mother. I sniffle softly and look at her, "You see, all I wanted was for him to help me," I turn to him with watery eyes as his eyes flash red and look back at his mother, "but he said no."

Rosalie scowls immediately at Dimitri and comes to put a hand on my shoulder, comforting me in my fake woes of distress, "Dimitri, this is not going to work to keep your mate happy. I raised you better than that, pendejo." (Idiot)