IV

Wake up, shower, change into uniform, brush hair and teeth, make and eat breakfast, clean the living rooms. My morning.

Eat lunch, clean the activity rooms, clean the bathrooms, scrub the floors, begin dinner, finish the bathrooms. My afternoons.

Clean the rooms, take Dimitri his nightly tea, prepare the table and dinner, call down Dimitri and serve him, change clothes, join dinner, change into my pajamas, and sleep. My nights.

That's been my whole process for the past week. Dimitri hasn't talked to me except for the occasional "hello" "goodnight" or "good afternoon". Even with the times when we're in the same room, there is nothing but crickets.

I put on my PJs and turned off the light to my room with an accompanying sigh. Right when I was about to close my eyes, I heard a loud painful scream. I quickly peeled my eyes open and at the sound of the scream again, I quickly sat up from the bed with a rush. I silently pulled my covers off of my body and placed a foot on the cold tiles of the floor, a shiver reaching my spine.

Stupidity seems to not be an obstacle for me anymore and I'm already screwed so...

I got off the bed and walked down to my door, into the hall. I heard another scream from my left and followed it. Once I made it down the hall, I noticed how little light hit this side of the hall. I heard the familiar scream coming from behind the "forbidden" rooms that I could never enter, according to Dimitri.

I opened the door ever so slightly and peeked in. What I saw inside made my heart stop and my palms start to sweat.

Inside the darkroom, there were three people chained to a wall, all bloodied and bruised. There was one old man who looked like he would have gifted my poor family and me with food without a doubt, next to him was an elderly woman with kind-looking eyes, but they were stained with tears. The one next to her was a woman that looked to be carrying a baby in her womb, her chest was heaving and her eyes were a bloodshot red. I turned my attention towards the left when I heard a man's scream.

Before me was Dimitri. He was restraining a man by his arms with one hand, his claws extended, teeth bared, and red eyes glowing. He had his other hand clawing at the poor man who looked like he was in a lot of pain.

"Please don't hurt my husband, anymore! Please, I beg you!" The pregnant woman, who is apparently the man's wife, cried out as she let more tears fall her rosy cheeks and swollen red eyes.

Dimitri stopped and smirked at the woman, "You want me to stop?"

The woman nodded vigorously, "Please."

He dropped the man and the woman breathed out a sob. I thought it was over until Dimitri walked over to the woman slowly and inspected his sharp, bloody claws.

Distraction, Bexley!

"Well then, I still need something to satisfy me," he runs his claws on her face and down her chest and then down to her swollen stomach.

He looks callous for a second, his eyes glazed over as he removes his hand from her abdomen, "You know, I never wanted to be like this. To be cursed with bloodlust every morning and night until I am loved by my mate. The worst thing is I won't be able to know if the person is my mate until she utters the very three words that would end my misery, or if my wolf admits to it in the end. And my wolf can be one stubborn bastard." He chuckles lowly, almost coldly, as he looks at the shaking women, "But who can ever love a beast, right? You said it yourself to those pig-faced tramps at the old village. How impossible it would be for an animal like me to ever find some sort of peace in my life."