III

When they said that his eyes were a bloody soul-sucking red, they weren't kidding. His silhouette was hidden by the dark shadows in the room, but I could tell he was incredibly tall. Taller than my 5'8 papa. He walked closer, his heavy footsteps getting closer and closer. I looked down in time to see a small mouse scurry away.

I wish I was that mouse.

"You're lucky to be alive right now, cariño."

What did he call me?

His voice is a deep and raspy sound. It sent shivers down my back and sent an unsettling and unusual feeling down my core.

His footsteps grew closer, just until I can feel his body heat. His large, warm hand was placed on my heated cheeks and I felt his warm-minty breath on my face. He moved his hand to my chin and gripped it, pulling my face towards his and causing my eyes to come into contact with his red eyes.

His chocolate brown hair was swept to the side, looking extremely silky and soft. His nose, straight with a cute curve in the end. His sharp jaw looked like it could slice my clothes in half with one swipe. I could see through his tight shirt and exposed arms that he stood tall and fit. But it was his eyes that had me hypnotized.

I wanted to run my hands through his hair, I wanted to place my hand on his cheek and touch his tan-tight skin, I wanted to...

I looked deep into his eyes, "You don't look like a monster." My voice was a whisper. His eyes flickered to a hazel brown. My lips parted and his gaze followed to my mouth, "Are you the monster?"

His lip twitched and he let go of my jaw and grabbed strands of my hair softly. He moved my hair away from my neck and dipped down to it, his head on my exposed neck.

I gritted my teeth and tugged harder in the cold chains, "What did you do to the other people you kidnapped?" Silence.

His lips brushed against the nape of my neck and he gave it a small kiss. He trailed upwards, planting butterfly kisses everywhere. He went back down to where he first kissed my neck and bit down softly and licked. I let out a shaky breath as he let out a soft growl.

He pulled away and looked at me, "It's said that looks can be deceiving, cariño. And it is also none of your business." He looked at my face and at his hand on my neck, "Will it be you?" 

I opened my mouth to say something when his eyes flashed red and he moved his fingers to the back of my neck, pinching an area that caused a sharp tingle of pain at my spine. Suddenly, my eyes drooped and I passed out, shock filling me at the last moment before my eyes closed.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

I woke up to the sound of jingling keys. I opened my eyes slowly and weakly; my eyes just felt watery and dry at the same time and my lids were heavy and light. In front of me was...him.

I still didn't know his name and for some stupid reason, I really wanted to know.
He walked towards me and unchained me with the keys. When my first hand was released, I felt a huge sense of both relief and pain from my wrist. Same with my other wrist and ankles. The numbness on my body went away as blood flow began to work through my system as it should be. 

I rubbed my wrists and ankles as he spoke without looking at me, "Follow me."

I looked around the cell and wondered if I strangled him hard enough with the silver chains, will I make it.

I shook my head. I needed to know what I'm exactly up against. I can't go into this blindly. Not again.

I shakily began walking, my feet feeling like I was stepping on small prickly needles. I followed behind him with a slight limp and walked out of the celled room. The first thing I saw was the sudden bright lights where mahogany walls and a white, cold marble floor. My body shivered in response as my bare feet padded against the stainless ground. I hugged myself and looked around and noticed the walls were covered with portraits of unknown men, their emotionless eyes seemed to follow me as I passed. I turned forward and looked at his back.