VII

Bexley

"Oh dear, I am so happy my son found a girl to settle down with. All his life I have never seen him with a girl, much less a woman, and I began to think that he batted for the other side; if you know what I mean. I really need to know when you're getting married because I need some grandkids pronto. I am not getting any younger! I think I even have some wrinkles forming on my face this morning...oh dear lord why did we have to get wrinkles. Of course, I need to get some anti-wrinkle cream now, but Dimitri's father would never let me. Something about looking beautiful already and that whoever said otherwise will be greeted to his teeth-yatta yatta yatta..."

And she lost me. Bless this woman, she can really carry on a conversation.

All I asked was how she was.

"Ouch," I whispered as she plucked a piece of skin instead of my eyebrow hair -again.

She smiled apologetically and said a small 'sorry'.

You might be wondering what happened and as to why Mrs. Addario was doing my eyebrows and ended up alone with her thinking that Dimitri and I are in a relationship. The answer to that question is I have no idea. One minute I'm in the living room, surprised by meeting Dimitri's mother, then Dimitri introduces me as his "mate" leaving me in another state of shock, then I'm being threatened with being punished again if I don't play along, and finally, I'm being dragged up into a guest room by a squealing Mrs. Addario.

And then here we are.

I winced as she plucked out another hair off my eyebrow and then saw her smile widely.

"I did a very good job." She nodded to herself before she stepped back. Mrs. Addario is truly the definition of perfect. Her tall and full figure, flawless tan skin, amazing dark eyes, her perfect and gorgeous eyebrows. Mr. Addario is one lucky guy. She looked to be of Hispanic descent. 

I looked up at her and she smiled at me in awe.

"You are absolutely beautiful and perfect for my son, Bexley." She grabs my chin gently and gives me a motherly smile, as I look up at her. She sighs and strokes my head a bit before looking at me with sadness, "I was afraid for my oldest. I wondered if he would ever have his curse broken. I'm happy you gave him a chance."

I blush slightly and was about to respond when the door was slammed open harshly. An angry- and very hot- Dimitri comes inside, his eyes glowing red, hands in fists, and his jaw clenched, "You brought dad with you?!"

He looks at his mother with a very scary face: his eyes a bright red and his fangs showing.

His mother shrugged slightly, not fazed at all by her son's change in demeanor, "Of course I did. You know how much of a clingy and overprotective bastard your father can be." At that moment, a loud and thunderous roar was heard. It sent shivers down my spine and caused the walls to vibrate with tremors. I looked at Dimitri to see him rubbing his temples. If it wasn't him that...then who...what?

I jumped when the door was once again slammed open to reveal a dark-haired man with tan skin as well as dark brown eyes...who was shirtless. He looked around the room until his eyes landed on me and his eyes trailed over to Dimitri, who was now banging his head on the wall in the corner. Just like that, his anger seeped away and a smirk made its way to his bearded face, a mischievous gleam in his dark eyes.

He walked to Dimitri in the corner of the room and ruffled his hair, a bright smile on his face.

"My boy finally found a mate! It took you long enough, idiota!" He held Dimitri in a tight death grip and while the man, who I'm guessing is his father, is smiling from ear to ear, Dimitri had a very angry look on his handsome face.