Chapter 1

Alex POV:

I've been outside all day working on my fighting skills with William our kingdoms trainer. He's been privately training me since I was a little kid when I first found interest in the title. He's like a father figure to me.

" Bring your arm up more and block me I know your getting tired but you have to fight through when your in an arena" William says to me before lunging towards me as I block his attack breathing heavy with adrenaline. I watch as he circles me with his sword in his right hand gripping the handle with all his strength before charging over kicking me back with his foot about to swipe at my back before I block him swinging underneath his feet as his back falls and hits the ground resulting in my sword pointing at his neck indicating I won.

" Very well done Alex, we will continue more tomorrow" I watch as he stands up brushing himself off before hugging me and walking away. I huff wiping the sweat off my forehead making my way over towards the opening of the training field before walking myself home.

" Hey honey how did your training go?" My mother, Serena Maddox, a well known baker for the village and kingdom, asks as I walk in seeing her at work kneading dough with flower all over her making me smile.

" It was good mom, where is August?" I ask looking around for the small 7 year old.
" She should be in her room." My mom says as I nod before sitting down at the table letting out an exhausted sigh.

" You know, you've always been boyish your entire life. You've always had that masculine appearance to you. Strong arms, wide shoulders, sharp jaw, tall structure, like your father." She says sadly with a small smile. " You would rather wear pants than a skirt, play fight instead of dolls, chased after the girls instead of boys." She says looking over at me with a smile
" Being a knight is not for women. Women stay home and cook, clean, take care of children while our men go fight. But you, you've always been that way." She says looking down with a smile.

" What way mom?" I ask confused

I watch as she looks over at me with a smile taking in my appearance.

" Different."

Super short first chapter but what do you guys think so far? I know it's not the best and I'm terribly sorry if there's grammar or punctuation errors I'm not the best with writing but I've been seeing tv shows and books about royalty and thought it would be cool. Love always<3
- rocky