Chapter 2

Adria POV:
As I walk into the throne room, I watch as knights bow their heads as a sign of respect before walking over towards my mother and father, the king and queen of our kingdom.

" Mother , Father" I say looking at them trying to get their attention confused as to why I've been asked to come discuss an important matter.

" Yes princess, I know your probably wondering why me and your mother have called you to come speak with us." My father says glancing at my mother then back at me.

" Issues in the kingdom have been coming up more often than normal which has caused us to have some worry. So, we would like to find someone to personally guard you. They have to have skill and willing to put their life on the line to make sure you are safe. We will send out a knight now to find someone, but I think I already have the perfect person in mind." He says with a smile seeing my mom look at me with the same expression.

" I can take care of myself. I do not need a babysitter." I say softly but my tone coming out strict not wanting to deal with someone following me around.

" We know you can my child, but it's better to have someone around with skill to protect you than for you to be left stranded." My father says and I can tell from his voice this is happening ether way if I like it or not. I let out a small sigh.

" Okay father, let me know when you think you have found someone. Until then I'm going to the courtyard." I say softly seeing him nod and I turn around walking out the room arriving at the beautiful scenery as I look around at all the children and young adults talking and playing that live here in the castle.

" You look extremely beautiful Princess Adria"

I turn to find the voice seeing it came from Prince Nash Caldwell from the Kingdom Of Zaun.

" Oh, thank you Prince Nash" I say softly turning back around to look out at everyone feeling him walk up beside me.

" I wouldn't have expected to see you here. Is there a reason your here today?" I ask looking over at him as he's already staring at me.

" Yes actually, I'm going to be competing in the fights coming up here at the castle." He says with pride in his voice and I mentally want to slap myself.

" Oh no wonder. Well I wish you the best of luck." I say softly seeing him nod with a "thank you" before gently grabbing my hand placing a kiss to it before walking off and I fight the urge to wipe my hand off.

" Excuse me your highness" I hear another voice letting out a small huff before turning to see a knight standing in front of me making me tilt my head confused. " The king has ordered for you to come back. They found someone for the job of your Personal guard." He says and I just nod shocked they found someone so fast.

We walk back to the throne room as I go over sitting in my throne beside my father on the right side and my mother on his left before seeing an older woman walk in with a younger one next to her side seeing them both bow.

" Ah Mrs. Serena Maddox, what a great honor to see you again. I see William went with who he thought would be best fit and I have to say I think I trust his opinion." I hear my father say before looking over at the older woman realizing shes our kingdoms best baker.

" Yes sir, he came straight to us asking for the use of the position and we couldn't decline your offer." She says with a smile before stepping aside seeing the younger woman come into better view and my eyes widen when I see her stand straight now allowing me to see her face.

" You've definitely gotten more strong over the years it's great to see you again Alex as well." I hear my father say with a smile and everything clicks now knowing this is her daughter Alexandra Maddox, one of the best known skilled fighters there is for women.

Holy crap, I have a woman as a guard

Sooooo Adria seems a little shocked at a woman being her protecter. I wonder if her mind will change? Don't forget to leave comments and how you think things will go. Another short chapter but just bare with me guys.
Love always<3
-rocky