Chapter 6

⚠️Following includes: strong language, graphic content⚠️

Alex POV:
I watch her run away feeling so many different things but knows for certain I still have feelings for her. I always have ever since we were kids.

I shake my head before running out the castle seeing our knights fighting against...no...kingdom of zaun? You gotta be fucking kidding  me.

I run over quickly to the back arena seeing William and 3 fighters there as their attention turns to me.

" Glad you could make it kid. Guys I want you to meet Alex Maddox one of the best skilled female fighters we have. Alex meet Vincent, Dax, and Blair." William says and I take in there appearances.

Vincent, he's tall maybe an inch taller than me. He has light brown curly hair and blue eyes along with a scar on his neck.

Dax, he's a bit shorter with dirty blonde hair and light brown eyes along with freckles on his face. He's also more smaller in stance.

Blair, she's tall same height as Vincent with pitch black hair and bright grey eyes. I also notice a tattoo on the back of her neck.

" oh I know who she is, she apparently has a thing with the princess." Vincent says with a smirk making me glare at him.

" Enough, I want you four to take horses and go to the kingdom of Zaun and find a way to change their mind. Wipe out as many as you can. Make it clear not to mess with us. This war could last weeks so be careful. Take as much supplies as you need. I'm counting on you guys." William says seeing them nod before turning to me.

" You've always been like a daughter to me. Come back so you can prove to Alaric that females can in fact be knights. And that you love his daughter." He says whispering the last part and I nod hugging him before grabbing all the supplies we can before all four of us get on horses heading out to the kingdom.

( 4 hours later)

We've been moving for four hours now getting closer and closer but decide to stop for the night.

We tie the horses off making a small fire sitting all around it and I can't help but notice how close Vincent and Dax are. I watch as Vincent throws pebbles at Dax.

" You throw one more god damn pebble at me and I'm not talking to you for the rest of this bloody trip." I hear Dax threaten as Vincent throws another one and Dax glares at him before seeing Vincent wrap his arms around Dax hugging him tightly kissing his head.

" Enough you love birds your making me miss my girlfriend." I hear Blair speak up smirking at them seeing them both flip her off making me laugh softly.

" you guys are together?" I ask with a nod looking at the two boys huddled up together.

" Yep this is my idiot right here." Dax says patting Vincent's arm and I can't help but smile at the two.

" What about you Blair you said you had a girlfriend?" I say seeing her sharpening her arrow heads.

" Yeah, shes an assistant teacher for the village. She teachers kids with special needs." I hear her say seeing the smile on her lips making me feel happy hearing that.

" That's amazing to know their letting people that young help." I say softly seeing her nod.

" What about you Alex, there's been suspicion that you and princess Adria have something more than just friends?" Vincent says and I let out a huff.

" I guess we kinda do." I say softly remembering what happened before I left.

" kinda?" Dax asks with an eyebrow raised.