Chapter 4

Adria POV:

I'm still in the dress from earlier with a long coat on seeing the evening chill has now set and it's dark out but the Stars and lights of the castle light up the sky.

I walk out of my room letting my feet take me where ever I feel like going before stopping in from of Alex's door. I knock softly but don't hear anyone thinking she might be asleep and I head off walking out to the back of the castle where the arenas are. As I'm walking I hear the familiar name get shouted from the stands high up above the dirt where our fighters compete.

" Go left then right Alex! Find his weak spots!" I hear William yell seeing him standing next to my father and I walk over closer to them to see down into the arena finding my eyes land on a certain female feeling my knees almost go weak from how good she looks fighting.

What can I say, it's attractive.

She has on a black leathered vest that buckle on the sides, with long black pants on that now have a rip on one side, black cuffs on each of her wrists, her long messy hair everywhere, and a sword in her right hand.
(I do not own the photo credits go to owner and user)

I bite my lip nervously watching as she sweats and breaths heavy from adrenaline as she circles what seems to be a middled aged man

He swipes at her with his sword causing a small gash on her arm hearing her hiss and I feel my face scrunch up

" That must have hurt" I whisper softly seeing my father and William look over at me. William wearing a smirk and my father nodding in agreement.

Alex draws her sword back watching the guys every move before swinging hard at him causing him to lose his balance and she uses it as an advantage before pushing him hard to the ground the end of her sword at the side of his neck. They were right, shes really good.

" Well done Alex that's the 7th one today" my father says with a smile and I feel my eyes widen.

I'm sorry....7th?!

" Thank you King Alaric and of course William for helping me out today. It's nice to have a real fight for the first time in a while. I really do miss it." I hear her say now standing in front of all of us her breathing unsteady and hotter than ever.

You see something I forgot to mention, me and Alex have known each other since birth. Alex's father used to be a commander for our knights and worked alongside my father which allowed us to be pretty close growing up. But once things changed we stopped talking. It hurt a lot because I started growing feelings for her. And obviously she doesn't know that, but it sucks not being able to be with who I feel love for.

" You did very well Alex, but your arm needs taken care of. You need to get stitches for that." I say softly seeing her look at me then her arm.

" Oh yeah, I forgot I even got that. I guess the adrenaline knocked out some of the pain." She says softly looking at it then back up with a smile.