19

“I should really thank Lisa personally,” Suga says around a mouthful of meat, closing his eyes and savouring the perfectly seasoned beef.

“Well, too bad you can’t,” Jungkook snorts, picks a piece of beef from the grill and pops it into his mouth.

“What happened with Lisa this time?” Hoseok asks.

“We shook hands.”

“That’s happened many times before and we never got a dinner treat,” Namjoon replies as he eyes Jungkook suspiciously. “I doubt that’s it.”

“She squeezed my hand, and I kind of did this,” Jungkook cracks, picking up Hoseok's hand to re-enact the action.

The reactions are instantaneous, Namjoon howling delightfully as Jin starts clapping with an amazed look on his face. Hoseok pulls his hand away from Jungkook's grip and pats his back, and Taehyung smiles like he’s proud of Jungkook. Jungkook doesn’t get it, doesn’t get why they’re so excited.

“I thought this day would never come,” Namjoon sobs, wiping fake tears from his eyes.

“Well, I don’t think it’ll happen again so,” Jungkook shrugs.

“Don’t be so sure,” Namjoon grins, eyes trained on the door.

Jungkook knows this has happened before, and he turns around with high expectations, only to be met with disappointment when somebody not Lisa walks in. He glares at Namjoon, snatching the piece of meat off Namjoon's chopsticks and gobbling it down himself. He’ll spare Namjoon's shin today.

Namjoon's cackling away, so Jungkook goes over and put him in a tight headlock until he’s wheezing. Jungkook about to let go himself when Hoseok grabs the back of his shirt and pulls him back to his seat, forcefully making him release Namjoon, hissing under his breath about the both of them being embarrassing.

“Congrats, Gguk , you just made a fool out of yourself in front of Lisa,” Jin shakes his head.

“She's not here,” Jungkook retorts. “Not you too.”

“But she is,” Taehyung adds on, gesturing to the door of the restaurant with a slight nod of his head.

Jungkook turns around to play along, but he ends up choking on the beef he’s chewing on because Lisa's really there. His friends begin laughing at him, Hoseok the only one to offer him a glass of water while patting his back. Unsurprisingly, Namjoon attracts Lisa's attention with his volume alone and Jungkook wants to hide when Lisa's eyes brighten. Lisa recognises him and Jungkook doesn’t hesitate to pinch Namjoon in his side to shut him up. He’s the biggest embarrassment in their group.

Lisa grabs a table near Jungkook's, diagonally across from them. Jungkook has a perfect view of Lisa but he doesn’t look, chooses to give the star her private time. He doesn’t know how it really feels but Jungkook figures it wouldn’t be nice to have someone watching you eat. He focuses on finishing his own food, also helping Hoseok grill the meat and cutting it up into pieces. Suga raises his eyebrows when Jungkook suddenly starts placing the meat in all their bowls, while Taehyung snickers because he knows exactly what Jungkook is up to.

“Your ears are giving you away,” Hoseok mentions nonchalantly.

Jungkook whimpers and hides his face in Hoseok's sleeve, leaning into the boy’s touch when he raises his arm to sling it around Jungkook's shoulders. Taehyung shakes his head at Namjoon and Jin who are both trying to keep their volume low as they cackle at Jungkook's embarrassment, glancing backwards at Lisa for a slight moment.

“She's not looking,” Jin lets Jungkook know. “Did you tell your friend that she’s here?”

~~~

aaa sorry for the late update, i've been busy w uni but i dont even know if someone is actually reading this and shall i continue this...