22

Jungkook lies in bed, staring up at his ceiling with the covers up to his chin. It’s a Sunday morning and he’s too comfortable to move. His phone lays by his side and he glances at it to see if he has any notifications. His screen lights up just then, messages from Namjoon flooding the group chat as usual. Seeing that he has no messages from Pri, he closes his eyes and attempts to go back to sleep, but his mind is plagued with thoughts of a certain boy he’s never even met.

Now that Lisa's promotions are officially over, Jungkook has significantly more time so he’s been picking up client projects, a few at a time. He’s mostly busy during the day, working diligently and only taking breaks to get food or more coffee to keep himself from dozing off. He normally doesn’t respond to messages on his phone until office hours are over, but he always gets distracted when his phone vibrates with a particular ring tone he’s set for notifications from Pri.

Pri has been messaging him a lot lately, claiming to have taken a break from work for a few weeks. Jungkook told him he’d done a great job taking time off, because he thought Pri was going to collapse from exhaustion with how much he was working. Pri replied and told Jungkook not to be silly, because there’s no way he could collapse with so many co-workers looking over him. It still doesn’t lessen Jungkook's worries.

Their conversations are pretty much the same, accounts of their days and laughing over silly cat videos. However, something’s different. Their messages seem to be more intimate, more affectionate, and Jungkook wonders if he’s the only one who feels that way. Pri has started letting him in more, sharing little snippets of his private life outside work. He lets Jungkook know when he’s working out, when he’s cooking, when he’s going to sleep, and while Jungkook doesn’t understand the sudden change, he likes it and doesn’t want to question it.

The one thing Jungkook does want to question is Pri's reluctance to meet in person. Jungkook absolutely sure that Pri is real, because sometimes he sends pictures of his surroundings and his feet which looked very feminine but hey cmon his own feet aren't manly either but It just isn’t fair that Pri knows what he looks like, knows what he does for a living, but Jungkook knows next to nothing about Pri. Whenever Jungkook tries to bring it up, Pri changes the topic and Jungkook has no choice but to go along with it.

Jungkook groans and rolls over, burying his face in his pillow. He never thought that he’d be able to start developing feelings for someone he’s never met, but here he is. He’s still not completely sure if he likes Pri, but he’s getting there. It’s the little things that Jungkook notices – Pri always starts the conversation by asking how he’s doing and expresses concern when Jungkook mentions he’s exhausted, how he shows Jungkook pictures of his surroundings and tells him they’d go together one day, how he always reminds Jungkook to eat and rest when he’s swamped with client projects – and while those are things that even friends do, Jungkook's heart starts beating a little weirdly in his chest whenever Pri does it. It’s like he can feel Pri's sincerity even through typed words and it’s dangerous because he doesn’t know how Pri really feels.

At this point in time, getting Pri to meet him in person seems like a miracle.

~~

Double update! I have been really busy with my uni works since my finals start next week so i have been making the most of my free time to write how much ever it's possible.. i was really surprised at how a lot of you messaged me asking if i forgot about this book lmaoo but no ! i will be updating a lot so please hold on ~

Hopefully this update made you all feel a bit better about my updating schedules !! I will update tomorrow as well, so till then let me know how yall feeling about it so far!