Divorce Announcement

Peter's POV

It was already dark when I reached home. I saw enough of drama today, but when I saw my parents sitting together at the dining table without breaking things it made me worried because that means that the worst is yet to come.

"Are you guys waiting for me?" I questioned.

"Darling, where were you? I was worried, it was so late."

"Mom, please I come later than this everyday, but obviously you are not here to see this." I said. She didn't my eyes after that.

"It's because we are busy making money for you." My father said.

"Really? I thought it was for your fake status that you love more than your son." I replied.

"Mind your language. You are still our son." My father argued.

"Thanks for reminding me, but do you remember it yourself? Because I never saw you act like one." I retorted.

"It's not true Peter. We love you very much." My mom tried to calm me. But she is not like that, a timid woman, she can fool others but I have seen her all colors.

"I don't have anything important to say then I want will head to my room." I asked impatiently.

"We are getting divorced." My father said.

What? Why? Why now? They have been together for so many years, even though they both knew that are having affairs behind each other's back but they never talked about getting separated. But then why now?

I had nothing to say to them. I was not ready for this. It's not like I want to be with them or anything but I never imagined that they will ever get separated. 

I don't know what I am feeling. Or what should I feel?

I took a deep breath and nodded and without waiting for a second longer I went out of the house.

I took my bike and to where I knew no one could find me.

I don't care. It doesn't matter to me. They can do whatever the hell they want.

It's not like that they ever cared for me. 

I don't know why they had to tell me? They could just get separate, why tell me now? They never saw me as their son, They never cared enough to check up on me.

I got sick, got into fights, even went to police stations many times, but they never showed their faces to me. It's always their lawyers or managers that handle everything for them.

I was desperate for their attention so I did everything I could do. But left that thought when I caught them cheating on each other.

I reached there. I parked my bike in the back garage. It was so loud in there no one could tell that it was past midnight here.

I entered the club. The bouncers know me so they let me in. I immediately put my cap on. I entered the area and the loud music intensified my already pounding heartbeat.

Maybe it's a good thing because the music was so loud that even my mind was not able to think about what happened today. 

I had enough, knowing her past and then seeing her so angry and after all that, them telling about their decision to get separated.

Why my life is so full of shit? 

I got near the counter and found him, my one and only friend and the owner of this club. He rarely gets out of the counter and I join him sometimes. If I need money and didn't want to ask my parents, I come here to earn some.

"Listen partiers. Dr. Pete is here." The DJ must have recognized me from my cap so he announced my presence. 

My cap has my cover-name on it. Dr. Pete. They know I am not a doctor, actually a few club members gave me this name so I engraved it on my cap. Not many people have seen my face here. They only know me by my given name. "Please get to your job. The has just started." Or they know me for the cocktails I make. It was my friend; the owner said.

I jumped over the countertop to enter it. I didn't even take off my jacket, but there was already a long line formed in front of my working area. I took off my jacket and then took out all of the equipment. I use my own tools for the cocktail and no one is allowed to touch it not even Tamsen, my friend.

After I cleaned them properly I started with the preparation and it took me time, but no one made any fuss because they knew what they will get will be worth it. 

It's not that I am praising myself, I know this because I have been hearing this same thing for years. I started working here when I was still in high school. I met Tamsen when he was getting beaten up by some guys from a gang. They were so well-built men, and he looked in dire need of help. So I helped him, but we both ended up in the hospital. We did fight them, but they were so many of them. Well, in the end, we became friends after that. He already had this club and was going under losses.

I gave him a few ideas, he said I am a genius when it comes to running a business. No, I am not working with him I just work for him sometimes. But after we restarted this club it went well.

It was 5:00 am when we closed the club. I was sitting on one of the chairs and Tamsen was cleaning some glasses. 

"Now, will you tell me what happened?" Tamsen asked. I was thinking the same that when is he going to ask me. You see he is the curious type of person. He is all for gossips.

"My parents are getting divorced." I didn't think about it. I just said the fact. He stopped for a moment, then again went on cleaning.  

"You already knew that they are not together together they were just living under one roof. That too not at the same time, if possible. So why are you so depressed?" He asked and yes, he was right, I already knew that at some point they might want to divorce, but...but I don't know why I still get affected.

"I don't know. I just don't want to deal with them. I will be staying here for some days." I announced.

"Oh! You are most welcome here. I will give up my bed for you. You can sleep with me too, if you want." He came and put his hand on my arm and slid it to my hand. 

He really loves to irritate me. He knows how to get my head off the matter. But it is not a good thing.

"No need, I will sleep in the guest room. You can call your boyfriend if you are feeling too lonely." I said and get upstairs where the room is.

"I will bring something to eat. Don't sleep before eating." Tamsen said while I was leaving.

I don't think so I will get to the college today. I don't want to go either.

I entered the room. I went to take a shower.

I will not go to that house. I can't face them right now.

I dressed into something else. I had a few clothes here in this room. I stay here sometimes. I laid down. I think of all the incidents that happened today. Especially her past.

Will she be alright without me in the college? I am worried, what if she got an attack again, what if no one could be able to tame her?

Will she be fine without me?

Hello darlings. I hope you enjoyed it? See you guys soon.