The rumors

Rose's POV

"Mom, I am going. Becca will be here in five." I told my mom who was upstairs while I was eating in the kitchen. 

"Wait, Dr. Rayane asked about your medicines."

"Tell him that I still have some left. I don't need them regularly these days." I said. I heard the honking outside. Becca was here. "Mom I am leaving."

"Okay, but remember the emergency number and if anything happens call me immediately. I don't want that guy to be involved in your matters." My mom said as she descended the stairs.

"Mom, he is my good friend. And I still need him."

"Don't say that. I am just allowing this because you left me with no other choice. I don't oppose Rebecca, because she is a well-behaved child, but that guy? He looks like a goon and talks like a thug."

"Mom, he is not that bad. Right, Dad?"

"Baby, whatever your mom says goes. You know that." He saved himself.

"That's not convincing Sam." My mom retorted.

"Well, I just said that you are always right dear. Am I wrong?" He said convincingly. 

I heard another honk. "Okay, please now don't start over this again. I am going. She is waiting for me." I bid my goodbyes to both of them.

"What took you so long?" She complained.

"Nothing, just my mom was being my mom." I said as she drove off to college.

.

.

.

I was waiting for Becca to come after she dropped me by the gate and went to park her car. Suddenly someone sneaked behind me and covered my eyes. 

All of my senses went blank. My mind stopped working; my heartbeats started to drum into my ears rapidly. I could feel my heart against my bones. I was frozen but still felt like shivering. 

"Hey, hey... it's okay sweety. It's me... Jasper." Someone said. I felt a warmth on my shoulder. "Open your eyes. Look at me." I slowly opened my eyes. My senses came back and so did the heartbeats. "See, it's just stupid me. I am so sorry. I was so excited to see you that I forgot that it was you." He said apologetically with his cute smile. I sighed and smiled back.

"It's okay, but please don't do that again."

"Absolutely. Are you okay now?" He said as he rubbed my back. It was awkward but still bearable. 

I think I am starting to get used to his closeness.

"So, will you come to my match this Saturday?" He asked all of a sudden. I still haven't talked to Mom about it. I was already hating the conversation that will go through after telling her. "You can not say no. You already promised me the other day." He exclaimed. 

When did I agree to that?

I just nodded and Becca came just then and so was Peter. Seeing them both together didn't sit well in my heart. I looked away. I saw Jasper noticed it.   He gave me a sad smile. But why would he be sad? I just looked away from him too.

I started to walk ahead of them. If he noticed then they could too. I have not confirmed what it was that I was feeling so I didn't want any of them to misunderstand me.

"Hey, wait for me. Don't leave me with these two idiots." Becca yelled from behind. She soon came up to me and took my hand in hers. It felt warm and it made my heart warm up too. I smiled at her. "What was my stupid cousin saying?" She asked.