First night out

Rose's POV

"One beer, please."

"Are you sure? You don't drink, right?" Becca asked worried, but she didn't oppose it strictly like my mom would have if she had seen me drinking. But obviously, she is not my mom, but a sweet friend.

I don't drink. But that doesn't mean that I never had. I mistakenly drank once I was in middle school. I was having a nightmare and went to grab water but I saw this can at home and drank it. Although it was very bitter, it took my mind off the problem. After that, I drank when I was taking last year's exams. I was upset about what my mom said, so I decided to drink a beer. It made the pain go away momentarily. So yes, I am not as decent as they think I am.

But why today? It's not like I am having nightmares or upset because of my mom's remarks. Then why?

"You are jealous of her." Becca said. And suddenly it all made sense. 

"But why? Why would I be jealous of her, when I know that she is so beautiful and I am not even close to what she has? Then why?" I questioned myself.

"It doesn't matter how she looks, even though she was nothing in comparison to you, she was totally dolled up and you are a natural beauty, so please don't compare yourself to her and you were not jealous because of her looks but because of the person she was flirting with." Becca said taking a sip of her cocktail. 

I frowned as I was reminded of that moment and without thinking I took a big gulp of beer. It was so bitter that it immediately came out of my mouth. Thank God that my capability to swallow bitter things made the beer a little tolerable for me.

I just had one bottle of beer and suddenly the world around me started to get tilted. I had to bend my head to see everything in its right position. 

"What the hell girl? Where are you going? You will fall from your seat if you continue to twist yourself like that." Becca said as she tried to push me to the other side.

"I will fall if you keep on pushing me down." I told her off.

"I am not pushing you anywhere, I am pulling you up straight. Are you drunk after drinking only a small bottle of beer?" Becca complained.

"Am I drunk? But I think others are drunk because they are the ones who are moving back and forth. I am just sitting on a cloud." I said. It's them who are drunk, right?

"Oh, God!" 

"What happened? Why is she in such a weird position?" I looked up to see who this person was. It was upside down Peter.

"Oh! Why are hanging from above?" I asked worriedly.

"It's you who is looking backward."

"But why would I do that?" I asked in annoyance. They shook their heads and let me be. "And you, you stay away from me." I told Peter and looked ahead because for some reason my head started to feel dizzy, maybe because he was hanging from the ceiling.

"But why? What did I do?"

"Because of that pretty girl." I scoffed loudly and shrugged my shoulder at him.

"Because of her? Then why are you mad at me?" He asked.

Is he stupid or what?

"Because you know her." I replied and did the same gesture of showing him that I am mad. With that said I walked away to the dance floor.

As the night went on, the world around me started dancing too. Becca was following me like my shadow and Peter was at the bar but his eyes were also sticking to me.