I'll taze you in the nuts

"Shit"

Was all I muttered as the phone in my hand died, and the wind picked up. I was currently on a walk to try and escape the noise coming from my roommate and her "buddy", but it was dark, the middle of autumn and freezing. Walking in the dark wasn't smart. I knew that but I couldn't stand another moment listening to their game of "twister", hence the walk. I had tried contacting other friends but none had picked up, I even tried our emergency only line but still no response.

   "Pricks" those shitbags had been out of contact since last month and I don't know why. Was it something I did, or said?

I continued down the sidewalk towards a small convenience store. If I'm walking around in this weather I might as well indulge in some snacks. I found what I wanted and greeted the clerk with a small smile. He was a elderly man with shaky hands, but he was nice and made small talk. 

"Are you sure it's smart to be out at this time?" The cash register dinged,"what with all the recent disappearances, and weather?"

"What are you talking about? The disappearances I mean." I haven't seen anything on the news, or tv, most likely because my roommate is behind on her side of the rent. 

"Oh yes, several people have gone missing across the city. Though we're all better for it, I heard they were all thugs and criminals." He presented me with a bag and receipt.

"Have a nice night and stay safe."

That was interesting, with the new knowledge of disappearances I held my taser extra close. Ya' know just in case. 

The walk back to my apartment was interrupted by shuffling in an alley. I paused and peered down the ominous hallway of death. I could hear what sounded like a woman, she was crying, and there was something off about how muffled her voice was. The shuffling grew louder.  

"Shut up bicth, just hold still and take it!" There was a second voice, definitely male. This situation was getting out of hand, there is a woman about to be either robbed, raped or murdered. Before I knew it the alley way seemed a lot closer and the noise a lot clearer. 

"HEY!" hey? Hey!? That was my calling! god. I'm bad at this. The shuffling paused, but the woman's cries doubled. "Let that woman go!"

"Shut up and mind your own business douche!" The man called from the darkness. I gripped the taser tight as I marched further into the alley. 

"No!" Seriously, how bad at this can I be!? I sound like a high school reality character. Getting closer I could see the woman being pinned to the wall by a large man, what got my attention however was the knife he had pressed against her lower back.

"Oi' idiot leave, before I make you a part of this!" He shifted his grip on the woman, now pointing the knife at me. "Unless of course you're into that  Dollface?"

With his attention on me the woman made a break for it, he tried to reach out for her so I threw the snacks which nailed him in the face. The woman ran past me shouting thanks and sobbing her forgiveness. I just stood there watching her run away.

Pain, a sharp pain went throughout my body as I fell to the ground. No not fall tackled, the man was now on top of me. I couldn't see his face as he shoved my face into the pavement. His fingers went around my neck and I felt something cold on them, rings?

"YOU BASTARD!" He was shouting directly into my ear, and pressed harder."SHOULD'VE JUST MINDED YOUR OWN BUSINESS!" I struggled under his hold, searching for something, anything to get out of this situation. Then I saw the taser. It was to the side of a dumpster, if I could just reach…

"Now I need a substitute, and I think you'll do just fine Dollface." My movement froze at the comment. No, no,nononoNO! This was not happening!

"LIKE HELL!" I shifted my hips and pushed forward on my feet, he shifted to the side almost falling off. The taser was in my hand now, and I felt the man punch the back of my ribs. God that hurt. Coughing as I turned, the taser was shoved to where I knew it'd hurt the most.