An Olive Branch

》Y/N pov《

The cold water feels nice against my sweaty skin. Yet I cannot shake these thoughts.

'Why are they all attractive!? Is this some sort of trauma response?'

I groan as I scrub the soap into my skin. My muscles are already sore, my feet feel like led, but the sweet taste of victory is still there. 

I replay the scene over and over again. I won! I actually won, and the feeling was amazing. I analyze each and every aspect of my victory, taking mental notes for next time. When I get to a part that confuses me. Bahtoh said that my mind was only one of the reasons they brought me here.

"What are the others?" I ask out loud.

I turn off the water and start to pat dry. Changing into my sleeping clothes I notice a second dot of light on my bracelet. Instead of red this dot is blue, and it doesn't flash in time with my pulse, it doesn't flash at all. Curiosity gets the best of me and I tap on the dot. 

A bright hologram shoots up from the bracelet, it shows a map of sorts. Words start to pop up labeling each room and person. There are four icons on the screen, each one a different color. I smile to myself as the icons are purple, red, and green. 

'Sneaky little turd remembered the nick-names.'

The last one, I presume to be me, is bright blue. Right now the purple and red icons are moving towards the kitchen, where the green one is. Guess that means I should get a move on.

I pass a hallway after a door, after an open door. Wait, an open door!? I skid to a halt as a dark and looming hallway is beyond this door. Pulling up the map I see that this place is labeled as 'kennels'. The urge to go down there is almost consuming. But a loud roar comes from beyond, followed by gruesome noises and more barking. 

'Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.'

Yeah, no. Not sticking my head through there like some dumbass white person in a horror movie. Not happening. 

When I enter the kitchen the others are already dishing up. Ayull and Bahtoh's plates are stacked high with what looks to be meat, while Veta's is topped with different vegetables and meat. No matter what the alien food is, it smells delicious. As always. 

"Ah it is good to see you again, tell me did you beat Bahtoh?" Veta asks whilst preparing another, smaller, plate.

"Hell yeah I did!"

》Veta pov《

I grin as Y/N tells me the story of their victory, but I can't help my flinch when I go to sit. Ayull was right about needing to release his frustration, my innards will be sore for days. 

"And then when I threw the sand in his face he toppled over, giving me the victory." Y/N puffs up their chest and smiles wide. 

"You make it sound like I wasn't going easy on you." Bahtoh winks.

"What!? No, nuh uh, you're not taking this win from me." Y/N pointedly states, staring down Bahtoh with daggers for eyes. 

As we eat I take notice to Y/N. How their face brightens with each bite of food, and how the bags under their eyes haven't gone away. Their sleeping clothes were washed while they were training, now they subtly smell of the dark forests from the freshest of planets. But I also see their eyes. The way they shift about and focus in in nothing, pupils dilating then shrinking. 

'What are you thinking?'

》 Y/N pov《

"Hey guys, I've got a question…" I look up to see three sets of eyes in me.

"Ask and we shall answer." Ayull pauses in his eating, placing his hands under his chin in a professional manner.

"Well earlier, when me and Bahtoh were training, he said that my mind and instincts weren't the only reasons you brought me here. I was wondering; what are the other reasons?" 

Veta coughs slightly, and Bahtoh shrinks in his chair. Ayull closes his eyes and sighs, but overall keeps his composure. The air becomes thick and tense, Bahtoh starts to scratch at his knuckles and Veta looks from Ayull to me. Bahtoh is scratching at his knuckles so hard I fear he will cut down to the bone. Fortunately his scratching is stopped by Ayull placing his hand over Bahtoh's. 

"Bahtoh is right, that there are more reasons for bringing you, other than your prowess." Ayull starts, opening his eyes to look at me directly. "Tell me; are you aware of what Bahtoh and Veta are to me, and each other?" 

"Uhmm," honestly I've never thought about their relationship before. 

I mean I've seen them flirt, fight, work, and be kind to one another. Not to mention they kinda live together on this huge ass ship. Thoughts run through my mind as I remember some of their conversations. How Ayull and Veta left alone earlier today. When Bahtoh and Veta went into the bathroom together. Even that time Ayull commanded Bahtoh to sit down, when his voice became dark and alluring. I swear I saw hearts come from Bahtoh's eyes as he melted into his chair

 "I guess the way you interact reminds me of best friends, maybe even friends with benefits?" 

I cough out the last bit before I can stop myself. I can hear a subtle chuckle come from Bahtoh, and Veta's mandibles go tight against his face. 

"You are close, however we mean much more to each other than you realise. We are mates." Ayull glances and both Veta and Bahtoh.

"Wait, so- you, all of you- woah." A light blush spreads on my face as my brain catches up. 

'Aliens are polyamorous!?! And GAY!? Way to be progressive.'

"So you're all in a polyamory?"

"Yes." Veta answers curtly. 

"Do you have that on Earth?" Bahtoh questions, his acent made the word 'earth' sound drawn out and funky. 

"Of course we have those, though not everyone agrees that it's 'normal' whatever the hell that means." I shrug. "But what does that have to do with me?" 

Ayull takes a deep breath. The whiskers on his shoulders perk up, his mandibles flex, and his hands tighten around each other. 

"We wish to… extend our court-ship to you."

Surprise!! Another chapter done by the stroke of... idk the clocks blurry.
Anyways hope y'all enjoyed the chapter, be sure to let me know, and be prepared for art as I finish up a few of the peices y'all inspired me to do.

Simp on my lovelies ♡