One Ugly Mothafuc-

》 Y/N pov 《

Everything feels so chaotic, my emotions are running wild, and my thoughts are scrambled. I'm so cold. Wind whips at my skin. 'It hurts.' Darkness surrounds me. 'I'm scared.' There's no noise, it's silent. 'It's deafening.'

Then a warmth spreads through me, not hot like fire, or uncomfortable like humid air. Warm like a blanket, or a body. 'It's comforting.' The warmth fills my whole body and mind. Shielding me from my crazed emotions and rampant thoughts. It becomes apparent to me that I'm safe, cared for. There is no forever darkness, the silence can be filled, and the wind is gone. But I don't want to risk losing this, I stay in this comforting embrace, moving from dream to dream.

》 Ayull pov 《

"Their heart rate is slowing, their breaths evening, and their dopamine levels are rising." I list off information from my helmet.

"Good." Veta sighs," I thought they'd never calm down."

"Calm down'," Bahtoh exaggerates," they still have a death grip on my waist." 

"Oh hush, you love the attention." I chuckle," besides if it's so uncomfortable; I bet Veta would switch spots."

"I would actually-"

"Haha, very funny." Bahtoh Grumbles, tightening his hold on the 'ooman.

It is quite nice watching them sleep. So calm and relaxed, compared to other nights when they'd squirm and fight off their nightmares. It is a nice change, however, their body stays tense. Ready to fight, ready to run. 

"What do we do now?" Veta asks slowly, moving away from the 'ooman.

They stir slightly, small grumbles leaving their mouth. Instantly we all start purring, trying to keep them asleep and peaceful. They huff and tuck their face back into Bahtoh's shoulder. 

"To be honest I am unsure…" this is a new scenario, much less did i ever expect to be in such a scene. 

"We should take them to rest." Veta suggests.

"But then they'd wake up, and besides, they're very warm." Bahtoh counters.

"Would it be wise to take them to our nest?" Veta tries.

"No, they'd definitely freak out at that… we could just sit on the couch." I shrug, "this way they dont wake up, Bahtoh can keep holding them, and we all can be comfortable." 

"That's reasonable." 

Me and Veta help Bahtoh off the ground, making sure the 'ooman is undisturbed. We make our way past the kitchen and into the seating area, Veta staying in the kitchen to cook. Bahtoh sits in the middle, still with Y/N draped over his chest. I take a seat to his left, bringing up my gauntlet to keep an eye on the 'oomans vitals. 

"How long do you think they'll stay asleep?" Bahtoh asks, his hand hovering just above their head. 

I can practically feel his want. At the moment it is nothing sexual, the only 'want' I can sense is that of protection. Bahtoh wants to reassure them and keep them safe, evident by the way his hand withdraws from petting their head. 

"Soon I feel."

》 Bahtoh pov 《

The feeling of their heart beating against me, arms tense around me, their breath on my skin. Truly this is paradise. They are so small against me, making that primal instinct in me come alive.  Must be that 'mother instinct' other species talk about.