Cut out my heart why don't you!?

(Sorry this took so long ;-;)

》Y/N pov《

"Y/N, there is something you should know." Ayull turns to face me, his right hand now bloody.

'Green blood?'

Now the wall is also decorated with a large dent. It is frightening. The center is an almost perfect replica of Ayulls fist, while the surrounding area has been bent with unimaginable force.

But when I look at Ayull I no longer see anger, or at least it's not directed at me. Instead I see fear. He looks scared, why?

"Ok, what is it?" I take a gentle step forward, occasionally glancing at his wounded hand. 

"We, I, haven't been as truthful with you-" Ayull takes a deep breath," regarding what happened at the market."

A sense of unease comes over me. If he lied to me then, then how can I trust him now? 

"It will be better if we show them." Veta sighs, his eyes moving towards me. "Follow us."

I find myself in front of the empty screens on deck. Again.

Ayull pulls up images, documents, videos and more all at once. Each screen lights up with information, a lot of information. They all flash with alerts, warnings, and strange glyphs.

"Whats going on?" 

》Veta pov《

"Watch this." Ayull slows all of the screens to display a singular video.

The screens show a vacant street, no lights, no shoppers, no one. Then a small alien comes onto the screen, bipedal in nature, covered in bright fur and leather. It's hunched over and limping, a trap of some sort clamped onto its leg. A shot is fired from off camera, it lands directly in the aliens shoulder. Finally sending the creature to the ground.

I can smell Y/N's growing stress. Looking over I can see their widened eyes, hunched posture, and clenched fists.

When the culprits of this attack come onto the screen Y/N's breathing stops. There, in plain view, are several 'oomans. Some are holding nets, one a smoking gun, and another with some sort of cage on wheels.

"There are humans in space!?" Y/Ns breath shakes. "How? I mean, why-"

"What the hell is going on?!"

The sound of their racing heart fills my head, they need to calm down-

"It's an infestation." Ayull snarls, pure hate filling the air around him. 

》Ayull pov《

"These vermin have been invading space, for who knows how long." I can feel my blood boiling to the surface.

I click to another video, another attack. 

"They've been stealing- kidnapping- aliens for months now." More 'oomans, twelve to be exact, all fighting against a young Taloot. She looks scared.

"Ayull maybe-" Veta tries to speak.

Another video plays, and more hatred fills me.

"'Oomans have begun to expand their reach, by any means necessary. It's disgusting." 

"Ayull-"

Another video, this time an elderly Yăkshi. His tough skin is no match for their weapons.

"It's vile, I never expected a species to be this cruel. This destructive, I-"

"Ayull stop!" Bahtoh shouts.

My hand pauses over the cue, and I take a breath.

Finally the scent hits me. I turn and see Y/N no longer looking at the screens, instead they look at me. The betrayal painted across their face is heart wrenching. They smell distressed, sad, and angry. They smell… scared.

'Cjit'

"Y/N I-"

"It's fine." Their eyes turn to the floor.

The air goes sour with their obvious lie. Before any of us can do something, Y/N bolts out the door. 

"No, wait!" I get up to follow.

'No no no-'

But I am stopped by Veta, his hands pressing me back into the chair. "Ayull wait."

His orange eyes are filled with determination, his scent is stern. I know there is no arguing with him. Veta always seems to have that effect, the "mother stare" is what Bahtoh calls it. For some reason no one can disobey him when he does it. 

I relax back into the chair, staring out the door Y/N ran through. Veta motions for Bahtoh to follow, and he does. Bahtoh leaves to go after Y/N.

"I fucked up."

"Yes, but we are going to fix it." Veta places a hand on my cheek. "We always fix it."

I press into his hand, needing reassurance. Veta is usually right about these things, he has always been good with feelings. But the fear still lingers 

'What if we can't fix it?'

》Bahtoh pov《

It doesn't take nearly as long for me to find Y/N as it didast time. They're curled up against a wall in the cargo bay. They clutch at their sides, taking purposefully slow breaths. 

Y/N glances up as I approach, eyes glossy. I come to kneel in front of them, starting a light purr in my chest. I open my arms to show I am no threat, I must keep them calm enough to communicate. 

Instead Y/N crawls over and leans against me, trying to hug me. Unfortunately their arms are just a little too short. I wrap my arms over their back. Pulling Y/N close to my chest, I can feel the tremors going through their body. I need to stop this before it gets worse.

"Do you want to talk?" Y/N shakes their head.

"Do you want to stay here?" Again they shake their head 'no'.

Hmm. I think back to whenever I've felt stressed, how was I comforted? However, I doubt Y/N would enjoy killing something.

"Would you like a distraction?" They perk up at that, nodding 'yes.'

Ok, now we're getting somewhere.

"Take my hand, I have some four legged friends I'd like you to meet."

Wow! This took a lot longer than I expected. Sorry about that. My home life became a little crowded, but things are simmering down so hopefully chapters will be released more frequently!

Anyways I hope everyone enjoyed the chapter!

I hope to interact with yall in the comments!!

- with hope, Author