ғɪᴠᴇ

Kise let out an exasperated sigh as be ran his hands through his hair, "Look you don't understand

Kise let out an exasperated sigh as be ran his hands through his hair, "Look you don't understand. Mui-cchi is with seirin you know so many things was revealed today that I don't have time you stalking me--"

"Mui?" Midorima's stoic facade broke upon hearing her name. It's been a long time since he saw her or even heard from her, and how come he didn't know that she goes to Seirin?

"Yeah....about that.." Kise mumbled, not really knowing how to break the news to Midorima that their friend slash coach back in Teiko doesn't remember who they are anymore.

What person in their right mind would feel okay about that? Midorima didn't know what to think at that moment, was he sad, angry, frustrated?

Mui was his friend, a coach, someone he very much respects. It's true there were times they've contrasted like he and Murasakibara did, but he never wanted something like that to happen to her.

• • •

Mui's eyes remained glued to the treat on the vending machine as it slowly fell, making a slight clatter.

'Finally.'

As she got her food, the ravenette girl sat beside Teppei on the waiting room. He did tell her that she didn't have to come to his monthly check up but...she insisted. And it was hard to pick an argument with her because she always keeps on winning.

Not a second later, his name was called.

"Wait here." Teppei said but Mui who had a blank look in her eyes latched herself on his sleeve before shaking her head.

"No."

"They're just gonna check my knee, there's no need for you to be there."

In the end the doctor had to check up on Teppei with Mui who has still holding onto his arm sleeve. Mui could not remember why Teppei had an injury, or how it even happened, but she was sure, who ever did this to him better pray they do not cross paths.

"Is he dying?" The doctor flinched upon her words.

"Mui-chan!"

"No he isn't..this is not a life and death case." The doctor says carefully. "However I must warn you, if you want to keep playing, you have to take it easy. Do not strain yourself or else you might regret it. Your knee is still healing afterall."

"I guess I need to skip today's practice then," Teppei said as the two of them stepped out of the hospital. "I don't really have much of a choice since you ratted me out to Riko through the phone."