¢нαρтєя 26

ELIJAH AND KLAUS CAME BURSTING INTO THE COURTYARD AS THOUGH THEY HAD SOME GROUNDBREAKING NEWS TO INFORM THEM, ONLY HALTING IN THEIR STEPS WHEN THEY TOOK IN THE DEPRESSING ATMOSPHERE. 

"What happened?" The eldest of them questions, eyes squinting as he gazes at Hayley and Jackson. The couple is sitting on the red velvet couch next to each other. Jackson seemed to be comforting his wife, who had her head down, looking at their intervened hands rested on her knees. They looked up, hearing the familiar sound, Hayley wiping her cheeks with the back of her hand as she stood up.

"It was a vision," Jackson explains, waving his hand towards the bassinet where the little girl was sleeping, her cheeks and nose still red from all the crying.

"It was Tristan," Hayley explains, her voice hoarse. She was folding her hands over her stomach, trying not to show how close she was to falling apart. "We were kidnapped and locked in some warehouse — Jackson and I. Blood pumped full of wolfsbane. And then Tristan came. He said I tortured him, and he wanted to hurt me. And then, he tore Jackson's heart right out of his chest." She swallowed down the tears that threatened to spill. Her pupils turned red as she stared at the two siblings head-on.

"I want to kill him, Elijah," she says at last. There isn't a hint of remorse in her voice as she declares it ruthlessly. "But first, I want him to feel the pain and misery I experienced today for a thousand years. I want to watch him crumble from inside out. I want him to feel dead even when he is alive."

"Well, you don't need to hold your breath for too long, Love," says Klaus, hands behind his back as he informs her about the recent development. "We just discovered from Marcel that Lucien and Tristan are really working together. And I am guessing in no time at all we will have Tristan's sister Aurora with us."

"Aurora?" Hayley blinks.

"Yes. She's Rebekah's first sired." Klaus explains evasively, not going into details about his broken heart from a millennia ago.

"And wherever Tristan goes, Aurora follows," Elijah clarifies, glancing at Klaus as he does so.

The silent communication between the brothers didn't go past the other two, though. "I am sorry, are we missing something here?" Jackson inquires as he watches the on-goings on with his arms folded.

"It doesn't matter," Klaus says fiercely. "What matters is my first sired wants to kill Elijah. His' wants to kill me. And who knows what Aurora is going to do," There is a bite to his tone as he says it aloud. "Makes you regret turning vampires in the first place," he mutters to Elijah, pausing when his gaze falls onto his sleeping daughter. "We have to think about Hope's safety first."

"We are not sending away our daughter again," There is a fierceness in Hayley's expression when she rebuffs his idea.

Klaus sighs. "Of course not, Hayley," His shoulders hunch slightly against his will when he takes in her distraught expression. "She has her entire family here is to keep her safe now. No harm shall befall our daughter with us still breathing. But this house's safety is jeopardized. And the Strix has no doubt a horde of witches at their beck and call to break whatever boundary spells Freya and Davina cooked up."

"So what are you saying?" The tension in her shoulders fades as she hears his reason. "Do you want us to take her to the safe house like the one the previous Regent offered us."

"Considering the current Regent is Vincent Griffith, I think Elijah and Davina could persuade him to do our bidding," Klaus proposes, making Elijah nod without another word.

"A traditional blessing to dispel unwanted spirit — A barrier against those who mean to do us harm, combined with a disruption spell," Elijah recites the words the former Regent Josephine told him once.

"I think it would be better if you guys were to stay with our Father and Freya for the time being," It wouldn't take a genius to know how much it pained the great Klaus Mikaelson to suggest protection from his Father of all people. "I will ask Kol and Davina to stay there as well, or at least check in with you from time to time. And as soon as Aurora shows her face, we can put an end to their treachery for once and all."

***

When Hope flutters her eyes open, it is due to an unfamiliar moment around her. In her half-conscious state, she can recognize warm pats on her back and soft coos near her ears — it's as though they intended for her to fall asleep right back.

And just as she was about to, the memory of her previous nightmare startled her awake and clear-headed. "Jacky," she says, pulling herself from the person who has been carrying her.

"Hey, hey, sweetheart," The werewolf's familiar voice soothed her nerves. His hands make a comforting gesture as he draws away from the child, his lips curving into a smile. "You are awake, huh. Did I wake you up?"

She lets out a revealed breath to see him alive. She falls back on his chest, hearing the firm beat of his heart before slumping her shoulders. An amused chuckle leaves Jackson's lips, "Woah. Were you worried about me?" Hope doesn't say anything, and he continues as though he expects it from a child. Placing a small kiss on her head, he hugs her close to him. "It's alright, sweetheart. I am fine. We are all fine."

She buries her face into his shoulders, embarrassed. She had been such a baby for a moment there. Of course, he didn't die. What she saw was a vision of the future. And she should be able to separate reality from dreams by now. "Also, look where we are?"

Hope turns to take in her surroundings at the question. Oh, we are at Aunt Freya's. And before she knew it, she was being carried elsewhere. She squirms in Jackson's arms for a better look at her surroundings. "Everyone, look who's awake," Jackson announces when they step into the living room where Freya, Mikael, Hayley are in a serious discussion.

"Grumpa," Hope squeals in delight at the first person she set her sights on. There was a choking noise. The little girl turns around to find it is Kol. And she only recognized the sound as laughter sometime later.

"Hello, my lovely little niece," He walks in, dressed in casually afforded jeans, a Givenchy T-shirt, and a Versace Jacket. And that's when it hits her. My new family's rich. "Oh my! you look absoltuely corruptible."

"Kol," Davina, who appeared next to him, warns lightly, fond exasperation in her eyes.

"What I have never seen a child being so delighted to see my Father until now," Kol defends. He glances towards Mikael at this, grinning that infuriating grin of his. "Hello Father, long time no see."

"Kol," Mikael looks at him calmly before nodding his head with what looked like approval. "It's good to see you again, son."

While Kol playfully bobs the little one's button nose to elicit innocent giggles, Davina turns to Hayley with a small smile as she informs the mama wolf, "Vincent is outside, looking at the perimeters."

Hayley nods in reply with a resigned sigh, getting to her feet to go outside, Freya following her soon after muttering, "About time."

***

*In Joey Tribbiani's voice* how YOU doin'.

I missed you guys, though, truly.

Anyway, sorry for the late update. But I had to revive my other account with an update as well after the long break I took.

BTW, how was the chapter.