¢нαρтєя 19

FOR A PERSON, WHO IS SO ADEPT AT KILLING, and savors joy in tormenting others, Klaus never thought he would have been, so entertained, with the antics of the little bundle of joy in his arms. Everyone knew his littlest wolf has him wrapped around her fingers at this point. And it scared Klaus more than anything.

Klaus might be invincible but, not when it comes to his daughter. Throughout a thousand years, he made countless enemies, and the mere thought of his daughter being in the line of danger had him restless at nights. But it won't happen, he knows, No one will take Hope from me. His whole family will kill those who might try to come after their family's hope. And they would make it a show for everyone that's willing to even try it.

But no matter what he believes and considers, the Paranoia always seems to get the best of him.

And today was one of those nights. Which was the reason, Klaus was in his art room, leaning back on the rocking chair, surrounded by the calming smell of the acrylic paints, with his daughter sleeping soundly on the top of his chest, comfortably. As he rocked her back and forth against his chest with closed eyes, listening to the slow jazz playing down on the streets, Klaus was dragged into a vision.

Hope didn't have any of them since his Aunt Dhalia's demise, so when he is pulled into his daughter's revelation and saw an old acquaintance, Lucien Castle in it, he grew concerned.

"When Finn was killed, we all learned the truth- the life of every vampire is linked back to the Original who begat the line. Kol's death confirmed it. Two entire lines of vampires wiped out! As you can imagine, the threat level doesn't sit well with those of us who remain," Lucien said, nervously pacing around.

"Anyone fearing death as a result of my demise should come, see me! I'll be happy to reassure them," His future version said unamused at Lucien's warning.

"Of course. You and your siblings are mighty, indeed," Lucien agreed, immediately. "Though, the attacks on you show that you are not completely invulnerable. While you've wallowed in your family affairs, your progeny has grown somewhat... restless. The world is a finite place, territory limited. And even ancient vampires are not above vicious turf-wars. What if I told you there's a growing conflict between the remaining three sire-lines?"

That's when an as ominous voice rang in his ears. He couldn't see who that was, but the scenes flashed in front of him, painting of him and his siblings covered in blood, then catching on fire and burning to ash.

"Drink deep, but beware- what you broke is past repair.

All your oaths you betrayed, your sacred vows you've severed. And now you see that nothing lasts for always and forever.

Three yet remain, two already crossed- yet, in one year, you'll all be lost. As your family is undone, you will seed the beast that is to come."

The scene shifted again. Only this time, it was Klaus's elder brother, Elijah.

"I received some unsettling information from Lucien Castle. I don't trust the source, but I... trust you," Klaus heard his brother say to Freya.

They were in the Mikaelson courtyard, where Freya is preparing to perform a spell on a table while he, Klaus, bleeds into a bowl for her.

"If you fed on this prophetic witch, her blood is still in your system. If there's a weapon that can kill you, we need to know."

Klaus watched as his sister takes the bowl of blood, and sets out three small pieces of paper with Norse runes written on them. The runes spell "Elijah," "Rebekah," and "Klaus."

And then, she starts chanting. "No mentre le prophecie que la otra ve. No mentre le prophecie que la otra ve."

Klaus watched as the blood starts to drip from Freya's right ear, and the house starts to shake. Freya's voice becomes more and more strained, as though the effort is hurting her, and both Klaus and Elijah become concerned.

"No mentre le prophecie que la otra ve. No mentre le prophecie que la otra ve."

"Freya? Stop!" Elijah warned, concerned about his sister's saftey.

And suddenly, Freya gasps, receiving the prophetic vision. She lets out a shaky breath as she opened her eyes, visibly distraught.

"It's true. You have a terrible shadow over you," Freya said, looking up to her brothers. "Rebekah, too. If this prophecy is fulfilled, you will all fall."

"One by friend, one by foe, and one by family."

With that, the vision ended, and Klaus gets sucked back into the real world. He jerked awake, at the startling vision, disturbing his sleeping daughter, earning a noise of complaint from her. He was glad that his daughter didn't wake up crying, except for the tiny whimpers that escaped her mouth. But before Hope could wake up entirely, Klaus patted her back gently, pacing around the room, knowing it will help her sleep and grew successful in lulling her back to sleep in just a few minutes.

Klaus, however, didn't get a wink of shut-eye that night. Not with the visions he saw. The prophecy he heard. Knowing a threat was looming around his family... sleep was the last thing on his mind.

He didn't know if he wants to say anything about the prophecy to his siblings. Maybe, he could take care of it himself, he thought.

Hayley and Jackson are looking after the pack, and are still staying in the Compound. Elijah is still with the novice vampire Gia, on the other side of the river with Marcel and his army. Klaus seriously didn't think his brother's involvement with Gia would go for this long as he believed it will be a passing phase. Rebekah was in the same, off and on, relationship with Marcel, and it looked like his sister was enjoying being in the psychotic witch's body. Josh and Aiden are also doing fantastically, being the next in line to both Marcel and Jackson's army. The two warring species have come to peace, after a long time in the crescent city.

His Father and Freya are living in the house adjacent to them. He may believe Freya desires the welfare of his family, but Klaus was still not okay with his abusive father living under the same roof as his daughter. And Freya, being the daddy's girl she was, decided to live with Mikael, with Finn still in her pendant. But Freya nevertheless wanted to stay close to their family, and hence begged her father to take up the residence nearby, and volunteered a few times in babysitting Hope along with Rebekah. The two witch sisters were going swimmingly from what Klaus could see.

His mother, quite interestingly, started to live with Davina, trying to help the harvest witch with the resurrection of his younger brother, Kol. And his mother hasn't botched-up the trust, from what Rebekah and sometimes Freya, who still hasn't forgiven Esther, said.

So, the final statement was his family is finally content with everything. They were living in their own happy little bubble for once. And Klaus didn't want to burst it by being the bearer of the bad news. So, he decided, he will wait for now. He will try to set this right, and if he thinks he can't find anything and sees Lucien anywhere in the French Quarter, he will tell them then.

So, for now...he should start researching Lucien whereabouts.

Its time to pull some strings and get back in the game.