¢нαρтєя 8

TO SAY CAMI WAS SCARED WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT. As soon as she came out of her shock, the unofficial therapist of my father reversed the car and drove us back to the Farmer's market as fast as she can. Of course, she would want to call my dad and inform him that two of his brothers fought and blew up the house with a white picket fence. Oh, wait! She still doesn't know about Finn.

What would Cami be thinking right about now?

That Elijah set the house on fire, ultimately giving himself into his demented tendencies or something.

Well, I can only hope that my uncle is not on fire and is lying naked somewhere.

"Oh, no! Why didn't I live that stupid white oak in the house? It would've turned into ash by now," I thought, looking at the wooden knight in my hands, "Maybe it's for the best. What would've happened if Finn saw it, and decided to shove the wood into Elijah's chest?"

The car came to a stop, and Cami got out of the car hurriedly. She carefully picked me up, looking at the dark isolated surroundings with caution. She then made a run for a nearby payphone, accidentally tripping and dropping her change in the process.

"Dammit," she said aloud. I let out a surprised cry when I felt I was gonna fall down, but calmed down when Cami gripped me tightly and apologized, saying, "Sorry, sweet girl. You're being so brave, the least I can do is watch my step."

However, she couldn't complete her sentence when we heard a sound in the deserted market place. We both became silent. Then the sound neared and Cami shouted, saying, "Whoever's out there, if you try anything, I will gouge out your eyes!"

Ooh! I don't think she had it in her.

But, You go Cami.

Nevertheless, her warnings became futile when I saw Elijah over her shoulder, as he said, "Actually, Camille, that's probably not necessary."

"Eli," I shouted at him, making grabby hands, happy that he was alive, and not sprawling somewhere naked.

"You've got an impeccable timing, sweetheart," Elijah said with a fond smile when he heard me call his name for the first time. But my uncle didn't touch me, nor did he pick me up. Most likely cause, he looked like one of those junkies at the moment. Except his white shirt was burnt, and bloodstained in a few places.

"What the hell happened back there?" Camille asked as she neared Elijah, after recovering from the aftershock of both Elijah's appearance and my utterance.