¢нαρтєя 5

I STRETCHED MY TINY ARMS and legs as the sun rays hit my face. The first thing I saw when I woke up is the handsome face of Elijah Mikaelson, who was hovering over my cradle, his eyes full of adoration. He then smiled, saying, "Good Morning, Sweetheart."

I blinked.

Once.

Twice.

I completely forgot I met him the other day.

I remembered how Bekah snapped his neck like a toothpick without blinking an eye.

And when I thought of how many times I would've done that to my baby brother, if he were a vampire, I couldn't help but let out a giggle.

No wonder they take their fightings to a whole new level.

"Is my little love awake?" I heard a voice say and just like that my beautiful aunt appeared in front of me, earning a grin from me and a look of annoyance from her brother. She must have heard my cooing.

"Be...ah," I said as soon as I saw her, and her eyes widened.

"Did she just say your name?" Elijah asked, astonished.

"Oh my god!" She breathed out, still surprised, "Oh, my god! she said my name."

She had tears in her eyes as she picked me up.

"Repeat it again, darling. Say Bekah," she cooed at me.

"Be..ah," I said, straining my muscles a little. I finally decided to speak. I am sure 9 months is a good time for a baby to talk her first words. And what can be a perfect time if it wasn't Christmas and a family gathering?

"Did you hear that, Elijah. Her first words are my name," she said full-on, laughing and crying.

"I heard it correctly, sister. I can't wait to see Hayley and Niklaus' reactions." said the noble Original as Bekah started to kiss my cheeks.

"Say Elijah, darling.El...ijah," Rebekah coaxed, but I just repeated her name over and over again, afraid to overdo it. One word is more than enough for one day.

"Look like I am not that lucky today," Elijah mused as I kept on repeating Bekah's name.

It never ceases to amaze me how the big, bad Originals attitude changes in front of me. I have seen them through a lot of things throughout the show. Rage, love, grief, madness, heartbreak, but not this soft and gentle side. They didn't have much interaction with the canon baby in the show, they never ceased to show how much the family loves her and what cost they would pay to keep her safe.