¢нαρтєя 3

DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S WORST THAN DYING? Acting like a newborn baby. It's such a royal pain in the arse. Maybe I should feel better for not having a traumatic experience of being breastfed.

It's been 4 months since I came to this fictional world. I waited and waited, to wake up from this dream or nightmare one day but I didn't. I have finally come to the conclusion that I am stuck here. Apart from sleeping, drinking milk, and listening to my Aunt Becky's stories, I am not doing anything. Good thing my Vampire aunt doesn't know anything about babies. Like when they can crawl, start speaking, rollover. So, it's been not too severe.

"Once upon a time, there was a majestic king who lived with his noble brother, in a kingdom where music and art were celebrated. The King did not foresee having a child, but he lived in an enchanted land where all things were possible. In time, he was blessed with a beautiful baby daughter, for whom he wished only peace." She said, rocking me and I cooed listening to the story. She usually used to tell me all sorts of kid's stories and fairy tales. But today is different. And I am 110% sure it's about my dad and me.

Yes, Dad. After these 4 months, I got used to the fact that I am not going home. I am stuck in this universe, and this is my new dysfunctional family, whether I like it or not. Nothing is gonna change that.

"Still, the King had demons who pursued him. There was a ruthless beast who wanted to take the kingdom for her own. Armed with a pack of untamed creatures, she drove the other magical creatures from the land. And, there was a wicked sorceress with enchanted stones that weakened the King every full moon. Seeing the shadow his enemies cast upon his home, the King was driven to send his beloved princess away, convincing all who remained that she was forever lost." She said, continuing to rock me with a smile on her face. Does she really think a baby would understand such big words? Maybe she knew, I am not like a normal, everyday baby.

"The King, in his sorrow, turned away from the world. The castle closed its doors, and the kingdom fell. Some say that the only light that shines in the castle illuminates the shadow of the once majestic King in the room meant for his child. But, as the ruthless beasts took rule over the fallen King's realm, little did they know that he and his brother would not rest until their enemies were vanquished. For they believed that one day, they would heal their kingdom and bring their precious princess home so that she might live happily ever after." By the time she was finished with the story, my eyes had grown heavy, and I slept peacefully hearing the familiar accent.

The next morning I woke up to a carved wooden knight lying by my side. I wonder what their reaction would be when they discover it's made of the white oak tree.

"Oh! You are up, my love," a cheerful voice said coming towards me. "Do you need a diaper change?" she murmured to herself, holding me.

Diaper change, the most embarrassing thing, I am going to remember throughout my life now.

"Oh! Your face is turning red," She said chuckling. From our four-month interaction, she already noticed how I felt shy whenever she bathes me or changes my diaper. The first few times, she was worried and asked, "Are you feeling cold?"

"No, I am feeling shy" I used to say in my Gibberish voice shaking my head. And by now, she got used to it and started teasing me.

"I still don't know where you got this shyness from, definitely not from the Mikeaalson's. Maybe it's your wolf mother," she said, tickling me as I giggled.

Ah! My mornings are really peaceful. I hope it stays like this. Well, except for diapers and my lack of speech.