27. Commitment Issues

Aria

After Zed left I got a text from Tessa.

Noah's visiting me this week!

I text her back.

Did you hit your head and lost your memory of what happened with Hardin? You want me to recount?

I throw my feet into my heels, muttering under my breath.
I take a glance at the mirror and look at my now non-existent lipstick. I throw my hands up in the air.

Asshole!

My phone vibrates.

That meant nothing.

Right. Then Noah should know. ;-)

No! Please don't tell him, Aria. I cannot face this right now.

Are you facing something else right now? Is it Noah's or...

Please Aria. Can't we be mature about it?

Mature is you confessing to your boyfriend that you kissed another guy.

It won't happen again.

Who are you trying to convince here?

I roll my eyes and set down my phone. I can't deal with her drama right now.

I start re-applying my lipstick. Gosh where's the damn lip-liner! I grab one from Molly's stash anyway and finish my lipstick. After throwing a final look around the room, I grab my phone, keys and head out.

I find Zed and Molly wrapped up in some tense argument. They jump when they look at me and fall silent. I roll my eyes at Molly.

"Aw. Are you giving him shit because of what I told you earlier?"

Molly winks and shows me the universal finger before she stalks away.

"What did you tell her earlier?" Zed frowns.

"That you got commitment issues." I say in a sugary tone. "Guess what, it didn't surprise her." I start walking. He follows.

"It's not true." He says quitely.

"Well I cannot dive into your brain and find out, Zed." I tell him off, hopping downstairs. "What I see is what I think."

"Babe." Zed keeps up. "I should've called you."

"And that's supposed to even things out?" I turn to him when we reach the landing.

"I'll make up for it." He takes my hand and looks straight into my eyes with his panty-dropping grin on. "Anything."

"Okay, can you explain where you were this morning?" I cross my arms at my chest. The grin creeps away from his face. He blinks then looks away.

"That's what I thought. Goodbye, Zed." I sigh and start walking down the hall. He grabs my arm in an instant. "Where are you going?"

"Don't grab me like that." I snarl and he quickly lets go. Only to walk infront of my face.

"I got into some fight last night." He mutters looking around consciously.
What the fuck?

"What? With whom? Where?" I gasp. I did not see that coming.

"That doesn't matter. Just someone I knew from the past." He looks mortified. "I guess I didn't want to face you after that. I was not feeling right."

I hold his face and make him look at me. "Are you hurt?"

"No, just some injuries on my back as I fell on some broken glass." He grins despite wincing.