6. I'm Undecided

We finally pull up to a two storied house with overgrown vines prawling up the sides. THETA XI is painted in black on the wall near its entrance. Nothing exceptional for a frat party. But cool.

"It's so big, how many people will be there?" Tessa asks stupidly as we step out.

"A full house, hurry up." Hardin says before I can say anything and walks away to the house. Good riddance.

Nate is instantly beside me and takes up my hand pulling me to the house. "Come up, Young!" He grins and I look back at Tessa grinning before stepping away with him. I feel like laughing at the haunted look on Tessa's face but I won't disturb her any further than she already is.

Loud rock music welcomes us as multiple people High five and shake hands with Nate. "Man, who's this chick?" One of them winks at me.
"Man, just fuck off." Nate shoves him and takes me away.

"Don't speak on my behalf. I can handle boys." I tell him and he laughs and hands me a red cup.
"Got it, Young."

He takes me to a group of people laughing and drinking sitting in a row on the couch. Must be his friends.

"Guys, meet Aria. She just got here yesterday and I figured I must introduce her to frat parties!" He laughs and I shake my head.

"It's definitely not my first frat party."

Just then Tessa and Steph join us.

"And this...is Tessa. My roommate." Steph says in that annoying voice of hers.

"And Aria's sister." Nate adds as we sit down on the couch. A guy with straight brown hair puts out his hand to me which I take.

"I'm Logan. Aria, you look amazing." He gives me a genuine smile. Sweet. I smile back. "Thank you." He then shakes hands with Tessa who gives him an awkward smile.

Sitting just next to Logan is a guy with   brooding masculine features, smooth skin, thick eye lashes and long, wavy black hair. He looks hot. And he's staring at me, his lips slightly parted. He's wearing a black rugged denim jacket over a white tee. A metal chain with a golden lock hangs around his neck. Cool wardrobe. I smile at him and he gives me a lopsided grin.

"Hey, I'm Zed. What are you studying?" He asks in deep voice. God, no body actually asked me this since I came here.

"English Lit." I say and hear a loud snort. Freaking Scott. To think I got rid of him.

"Is his rude ass really needed here?" I ask rolling my eyes at him.

Zed chuckles, Nate hoots and the girl sitting beside Hardin with her back to me laughs and turns to look at me. Oh how I didn't spot the pink hair?

"Molly." I say not surprised in a least bit.

"Aria." She calls, her voice slightly slurry.

"You know each other?" Tessa says suddenly, reminding everyone of her presence.

"We're roommates." I shrug. Tessa gives me a horrified look. What's her problem now?

"So Tessa, tell us something about yourself, what are you studying?" Zed asks.

"I'm English major, too." Tessa says lighting up. I smile at her. Tessa and I have always been into books. Though our tastes are different, she's more into classics, but I, with exception to Brontës and Hardy, I'm more YA kinda girl.

"Awesome. I'm undecided." Zed laughs and I join him.

"Everyone's undecided, it's just college. Except, Tessa." I say and Zed smiles.

"Do you want a drink?" Nate asks Tessa.

"Oh no, I don't drink." She tells him and Nate tries to hide his smile. I narrow my eyes at him but smile nonetheless.

"Leave it to Steph to bring little miss priss to a frat party." Molly calls out smirking. I almost laugh out but decide to defend Tessa.

"It's entirely her choice, Molly." I say and Molly shrugs rudely.

I'm going to get some air." Tessa says and turns to walk away.

"Tessa, wait..." I say just as Steph says, "Do you want me to come?" I raise my brows. Why is she being so bestie-bestie? She only met her yesterday.

Tessa shakes her head at Steph and with a final look at me, walks away.

"Excuse me." I mumble glaring at Molly and stand up to go after Tessa. Nate holds my hand.

"It's okay, she'll be fine." He says.

"No, you should go check on her." Zed says and Nate frowns at him. I nod and walk up to follow my angel sister.

"Tessa!" I call when I reach near her. She walks out of the house and I practically run to keep up.

"Tessa!" I yell.

"What, Aria. Why are you here? You were clearly enjoying!"

"Calm down, missy. I came after you for you." I tell her putting my hands on my butts.

She seem to calm down a bit before she starts. "I shouldn't have agreed to come to this party. I don't know what I was thinking!"

"Tessa, it's all right, there are always gonna be mean people around you. Are you gonna run away all the time?"

"I could be skyping Noah. I would be doing anything and it would be better than being here at this dreadful party with a bunch of drunken idiots!" She is majorly stressing out.

"Jesus, Tessa, it's just a party. It's your first frat party. Don't you wanna meet new people, make friends? You are more inclined to make friends than me. Go have fun!" I say touching her arm.

"It's not fun! It's lame!" She nags. I roll my eyes at her.

"Tessa, it's natural for me to think of this party as lameass, cause I have been to many frat parties before..." Tessa glares at me.

"....but not for you. Tess I want you to have fun. All these years, you've spent your time locked in your room, eyes fixed in your books. Can't you let yourself free and experience this new life? Just look at these people, they are young, carefree and completely silly!" I laugh. Tessa looks at me with her wide eyes.

"But being silly is sexy sometimes, don't you think?" I drawl. Tessa just rolls her eyes and walks away inside the house.