20. Dead Albatross

Zed's pov:

I park my bike in the Dormitory. Taking deep breaths I put off my helmet and look up to the building. I should flee. I don't even feel like stepping down the bike. I fumble with my keys like an ass then pocket it quickly.

Why the hell am I this nervous? I just have to talk to Tessa. Maybe ask her on a Date. No biggie, right? It's not like I'll have to kiss her or something. 

I give a look to Steph's text again. 

Level Up, Starboy. 2 beat Hardin u need to cm here rn. 

This is my chance to get Tessa alone. With no Scott to barge up. I know I can make her comfortable around me. I know I can make her trust me very easily. She's sweet and so innocent. A girl like her won't have anything to do with Scott. Or any of us. It'll get over very soon and I can return back to normal. I walk over to the building.

I wonder what Tessa thinks of sex. She's a virgin, that doesn't mean she haven't ever thought about it. She has a boyfriend. I don't know what kind of boyfriend doesn't make love to his girlfriend being in a relationship for more than six months or so. Given, if he actually loves her. Or maybe he's religious, who knows.

Could she be faking her virginity? God, why would she do so, Zed? I mean yeah, I've met girls who fake it but I don't see why Tessa would do it.

I know I can't just seduce her into kissing and love-making. Even if I had to... do it, I'll do it the proper way. I can't just let her feel robbed off her virginity. But is there any "polite" way to win this bet? Whatever I do, however I handle her, the fact shall remain the same.

I fucked a girl for a bet. A virgin, on the top of that.

If there's a devil, he surely has his hand over me.

Reaching up to the door, I put my hand up to knock but stop suddenly.

C25. It's Aria's. In train of my thoughts, I forgot where I had to go. My mind and my feet shall always lead me to Arianna Young. I flatten my palm against the wooden door.

For a moment I wish the bet was on Arianna. But no Scott, not any other guy in the play. Just me. I mentally bark at myself for having such perverted thoughts. Just then I hear her giggling inside.

I also hear Nate.

Nate is not trying to get in her pants, is he? We're like brothers, he won't do anything like that. But then, he doesn't know what I have with Arianna. I need to clear everything to avoid any confusion.

What do I have with Arianna?

I know I'm smiling when I walk away rubbing the back of my neck.

-------------

I knock and Steph clicks open the door grinning slyly at me and motions behind her.

I nod slowly and she steps aside to let me in. Feeling like the sailor who had the dead albatross around his neck, I enter.

I'm surprised to see Tristan and Molly there. The former waves at me with a welcoming smile and the latter smirks sprawling back on the bed.

Molly has been texting me non-stop since the day we put up the bet. She dislikes Tessa. Ofcourse she is interested.

"Hey, Starboy." She grins when I sit down beside Tristan. "Stop calling me that, Molly." I grunt and she pouts.  Steph walks up to sit beside Tris.

"So where's Tessa?" I ask her.

"Relax, Zed." Steph laughs rolling her eyes. "Loose this business-like stance boy or you've no chance!" I narrow my eyes at her.

"What? Don't give me that look." Steph rolls her eyes obnoxiously. "Hardin's almost in her pants. And you've done nothing till now."