7. I Play But I Play Bad

When I walk back inside, the party's on full swing with people dancing and shouting at the top of their voices. A couple is making out standing up on a table and everyone hoots and jeers around them. I roll my eyes pushing through the crowd.

I can't find Tessa, wonder where she's gone. Truth to be told, I don't wanna follow her everywhere like security. She's eighteen, she gotta handle herself. I've been backing her throughout the high school, fighting up with mean girls but it's college, she gotta own her shit.

I push my way through the throng of sweating bodies to the earlier spot we were sitting at. A tall girl bumps into me drunk like shit and I shove her aside. It's the Steph girl. A girl is at her side trying to make way for her. Steph looks at me I make a face walking away. She gives me bitch vibes. Just saying.

When I reach the spot, there's no one sitting on couch. Except Zed. He's not wearing his jacket anymore. He's smoking and looking through his phone, his bangs covering most of his face. He looks up once I land my ass on the couch.

"Hey, you having fun?" He asks smiling pushing his devil black hair away from his eyes.

"Not exactly. Nothing much is happening." I shrug.

"Let's play pool, come on." He says pushing his phone in his pockets and dumps his cigarette.

"They've got a pool here?" I raise my brows. I took this fraternity to be less occuped.

"Yeah." Zed grins standing up. My eyes go down to his waist. Boy, he's hot.

"Do you play?" He asks smirking. Crap, he caught me checking him out.

"I play but I play bad." I shake my head laughing.

"Well, you can learn to play good." Zed smirks all the more. I stand up. Is he flirting? I don't get the chance to reply cause he's already leading me across the room.

We pass several guys who check me out shamelessly and pass out comments. Zed glare at them.

"Don't mind the guys here. They're all dicks." Zed growls tightening his grip on my hand.

"I can't let some jerks bother me, they're everywhere." I say rolling my eyes. "By the way, are you calling yourself a dick?" I chuckle. Zed looks at me amused.

We're finally infront of a pool table. It's nothing very lavish but it works. Four guys are playing at it and look up at us when we approach.

"It's good." I smile.

"Yeah?" Zed grins handing me a stick. One of the guys standing at the pool winks at me. I narrow my eyes at him.

"Move it, Rogers." Zed says to one of the guys, don't know which. They give him a look and walk away.

"That was rude." I say.

"I was cleaning the way for you." Zed shrugs grabbing a stick. I roll my eyes playfully. He smirks sharpening his stick.

"You seem really good at it." I say as he sets up.

"Let's find out." He grins all hot like.

Here we go.

-----------

"Okay, I quit." I bang the stick on the pool table crossing my arms.

"Ah! I didn't know by bad you meant nasty." He laughs. I glare at him.

"Oh shut up. I'll catch up fast and shove it in your pretty face." I tell him.

"Pretty?" He arches his brow walking up to me.

"Well I meant not bad." I say and he smiles. Someone calls him and he excuses himself to go talk to that guy.

I lean against the table looking around the room. My eyes can't help but scan the room for my sister. God knows where the hell she is. I hope not in some room upstairs in this ramshackle building with some level one jerk. I finally decide to call her.

Her number goes engaged. "Damn it, Tessa!" I mutter under my breath. Zed comes back and frowns at whatever he finds over my face.

"Is something wrong?" He asks.

"No. No, it's just, my sister." I say. Jeez I don't want to act like some freaking nanny.

"She's so out of this place isn't she, your sister?" He runs his hand over the stubble on his jaw. I notice the intricate the designs of tattoos on both of his arms.

"Sure as hell. She isn't... habitual of this crowd." I say.

"Hmm." Zed takes a cigarette out of his pocket. "You two are so different for twins." He says.

"Duh! Heard of fraternal twins?" I laugh.

"Oh no, I didn't just mean looks." He stares into my eyes and I can't think of any reply.

"Aria! What the fuck are you doing here? Come, we are playing beer pong!" Nate yells coming out of nowhere and I practically jump. He's so drunk. Zed looks from Nate to me and grins.

"Oh no, last time I played I retched all over my house!" I crinkle my nose.

"Come on, a little alcohol won't hurt!" Nate laughs taking my hand.

"You don't need to play, Aria. Man, don't force her." Zed extends his hand to stop. Nate rolls his eyes.

"It's okay, I'm not Alcohol-virgin, plus my days of hiding-in-attic drinking are over. Let's taste college!" I smirk at the boys. Nate hoots and drags me along. Zed follows us shaking his head. I smirk. It's gonna be fun!

-------------------