19. Mud And Dirt

Aria's pov:

I jog over to where Zed's leaning on his bike, smoking. He has his signature brooding brows on, oblivious to multiple stares he's receiving from girls around.

He looks up smiling when I reach near him. He stills when he takes in my outfit.

"What? Do I look bad or something?" I look down at myself and twirl around

Zed chuckles dropping his cig away. "Are you kidding? You always look cute, babe."

I gape at his last word. He turns mortified and looks away from my eyes.

"What did you say?" I giggle.

"I said you look cute. Red suits you." He replies quickly. I shake my head. "You called me babe. Its cringe af but I can let you be an exception." I smile at him.

He stares into my eyes for while then smiles weakly. "Come on, we're already very late. Mr Dornan must be missing his favorite student." He smirks. I roll my eyes.

-------

After French, Zed walks me to my Literature class. He's murmuring something about Dornan when I see Tessa walking up to us from the opposite direction.

"Hey, Zed." She smiles sweetly at him then gives me done-with-you looks. She's still angry with me for last night. "Hey sis." I smirk.

"Tessa." Zed nods at her. "Everything good?" He smiles. She nods and smiles. I feel kinda disturbed. Landon joins us and Zed shakes hands with him and they talk casually.

Just then Hardin barges up to us from nowhere. "Are you ready for our date tonight?" He smirks at Tessa. She looks at him horrified. Landon's mouth hangs open. Tessa quickly looks around at us.

"It's not a date, we're only hanging out as friends." She says looking at me. I cock my brows.

"Same thing." Hardin smirks at her again. Tessa rolls her eyes and walks away in the class, Landon following her.

Hardin turns to look at Zed. "Surprised?" He sniggers.

"Disappointed but not surprised." Zed returns narrowing his eyes.

"You should definitely stop disappointing yourself, man." Hardin replies and I roll my eyes making irritated sounds. He turns to me.

"What's up with you face, Arianna?" He asks sarcastically.

"I'm not responsible for what my face does when you talk." I scrunch my nose like something smells nasty and with a wink at Zed, I stroll into the class leaving the boys alone.

--------

"A date with that emo kid, seriously Tessa?" I shake my head scrolling down my Instagram. We're walking out of the class with Landon.