What if Uther found out about Merlin's magic?

It was strange how quickly things can go bad. Merlin should have known that at some point this could end up badly for him. His boy shuddered as watching Uther's blank expression. He did not expect to be found out and now that he did, Merlin feared that he would be killed. Yet he also felt that this might not happen.

"What do you have to say?" Uther's voice sounded cold and he swallowed knowing that either way it would not change anything.

"I was born this way, never had a chance." He mumbled and wondered what would happen now.

Uther glared at him and he knew that he was done for. Yet Merlin wondered what he would tell Arthur. The male might not like magic, but he would for sure not want to see him dead. There was no way, yet also he feared being rejected by the prince.

"I see."

He shivered and was suddenly gripped by Uther on his arm. His body tensed as he was dragged out of the room and towards the dungeon. The further they went the more Merlin realized that this would not go well for him at all. The male then dragged him into a cell.

The cell was different than usual. There was a bed, some kind of toilet, and that was it. There was nothing there. He was pushed onto the bed and Uther stared at him a moment at him before talking finally.

"I will not kill you, as my son would for sure fight me on this. This is why you will be punished for life in solitude. No one will talk to you and you get one a day one meal, enough water will be given, but you will never see the daylight ever again." Uther stated and he pressed his lips together wondering why he was not being harsh to him.

"Don't even try to use magic, won't work. This was specifically made for people like you. Oh and also try to fight anyone or talk, and you will get punished." Uther cooly said and before he could even answer, he was being alone in a relatively dark place.

'At least I did not die,' He mused and decided to try to use magic, but he realized that he was not able to grasp his magic.

Merlin could feel it, yet could not get any magic out. It frustrated him, and he was knowing that Uther would for sure punish him when he would not shut his mouth. Which was exactly what he would do. There was no way that he would just not try to bargain with anyone that tried to arrive.

.

.

.

Merlin knew he should have shut his mouth because he ended up getting harmed badly. He still was feeling the pain of the whip marks. A shiver went through him and he was just lucky that his wounds were at least cleaned by an unknown servant.

He let out a groan and now he would not even get any food for at least three days. This was going to be really bad for him. Yet even now he would not stop, even when it would bring pain. That was something that he would do for certainty.

The time flew by with this and how many times he got punished, he lost count. Which was probably why at some point he gave up. There was no point in trying anymore. Merlin felt lonely and hated this, and knew that he didn't do anything to cause this.

Uther just was being a jerk about this and, even when he would try to explain himself, the male would not listen. At times the king visited to make sure 'that he learned his lesson' and then left.

It caused him to always have a mental breakdown, sobbing and wishing for his friend and family. Merlin missed them, and he knew that they would understand his reasoning for hiding this, or at least some would. Lancelot knew of his magic and Gwaine might also have the suspicion that he has magic. Yet he was more worried about Arthur's reaction.

He sniffled and curled into himself. This place was not doing good with his health. At times Merlin wished that he would die instead of staying in this place, yet at the same time, he did not. He knew that there are people that care for him and he could not do that to them. Not to mention, there was nothing that could kill him.

Tears fell down at the thought of him staying forever in this hell hole. It was bad and he feared that at some point he would be forgotten. It would be ironic that Uther still killed him indirectly. A sob tore through him and he wanted to have some human contact.

The servant that visited always looked at him with guilt for sure seeing how bad he was. Yet never said anything and every time it tore him apart that he did not have anyone to talk to. Worse was that he could not use his magic.