Cult 2 of 2

Merlin did slowly wake up and weirdly enough he felt well-rested. His eyes slowly cracked open and he was confused about where he was. This place looked a bit familiar but also he could not fully figure out how he ended up there.

But he knew that this place was safe and so he snuggled into the blanket and felt his emotions not really better. It was then that he remembered how he came here, that he felt upset instantly. Merlin knows that he would not ever see Gwaine, as it was a while and he was pretty sure that his once best friend was not living in the same place anymore.

Even when he knew that there was a chance of Gwaine living at the old place, there was no way that he would forgive him. How much of a git he had been, would not make it a surprise when he would be unforgiven for this, yet Merlin had to try. He needed to try and meet him again, apologize and hope to be forgiven.

"Morning sleepy beauty." Arthur teased and he blinked flushing deeply and glancing at the male silently.

He could not bring himself to say anything right now. Not with how he felt emotionally and he could not tell this to Arthur. It was embarrassing enough that he broke down in front of Arthur, but a second time?

"I am guessing you do feel still emotionally badly?" Arthur asked and that alone made him sniffle as ducking his head.

"Hey, it's alright to be emotional with what you went through." The detective reassured but he shook his head.

It was not fine, and he hated this a lot. Why could he not just have stayed oblivious and just ignored the signs? Ignored this all and moved on in life with them. This place had made him happy but now that he looked back, Merlin even questioned this.

"Okay, how about you just concentrate on breathing again, and then we will talk about what upsetting you."

He wanted to argue but decided against it. The arguing would take the energy that he did not have. Merlin sniffled and concentrate exactly on his breathing and as he was calmer he sat up and flushed feeling the need to go to the toilet.

"Um, I uh..."

"Go out in the hallway and the left door." Arthur instructed and he instantly rushed to the toilet to do his thing.

After finishing and washing his hands, he felt better but at the same time not. Merlin did not like his situation at all and he wished he could change this, but know he could not. A sigh went over him as he shuffled out of the room and back to the living room.

"Are you hungry?"

That was the question that Arthur asked as soon as he asked and he shuffled as he was a bit hungry but also not really. His appetite was not that well and he could just blame it on the emotional state that he had right now.

"Not really..." He mumbled and Arthur hummed and he sat down on the couch and instantly wrapped himself into the blanket.

He liked the feel of this and it was so soft and comfortable that he could not help but do that. The male was sitting now too and there was a silence between the two until Arthur broke it again.

"So what made you feel upset just now, I don't think it was just your situation." That Arthur could figure this one out without knowing much of him in this life was a surprise but also made him mumble about Gwaine and why he was upset about this.

"Hm, well how about we try to figure out where he is and then try to talk to him? I am sure that when he hears what happened that he will not be that mad, not to mention that there is no way that he would stay mad at you." Arthur mused and he blinked shrugging.

He did not mind finding Gwaine but also at the same time he did not want to see him yet. Merlin was not ready to meet anyone in their friend group, but Arthur would for sure search for Gwaine.

"Alright, um...I just am not..." He swallowed as his insecurity came full up and he hated how he was. Hated that he was not how Arthur knew him.

"Of course, but a phone call or anything might make it at least some easier for you," Arthur suggested and Merlin was not sure that he should.

The thought alone to message Gwaine, made his stress factor go up, and almost wanted to make him start crying again. It was too much just to think about the what-ifs and Arthur clearly could see this.