Connected

Arthur was lucky. The only reason why he was lucky was because of Merlin and in his desperation. Whatever he had done caused something that much he knew. But it was also why he was fully accepting Merlin and his magic. Yes, his friend had hidden a big part of his. But he could understand his reasoning and it took a lot of talking in the times that they were stuck at the lake. It was only after Arthur was healed enough to head back to Camelot that Arthur slowly realised what was happening.

Obviously, he could not fully understand what exactly made this change but somehow they were deeply connected. Not only could he at times hear Merlin's thoughts and vice versa but he also could at times feel what his friend was feeling. It was strange for sure. But Arthur got used to it.

Yet not everything was all good. The death of Gwaine was something that pained Merlin the most. The man was really close to his friend and he wished he could do something to help his friend feel better but it was barely working and Arthur could feel the sorrow that Merlin felt drowning in. Though on the outside the man looked like his usual self, Arthur could feel it. Gwen somehow knew even without the perk that Arthur has.

Then there was the colour changing that happened at Merlin's hair. There were times where the usual dark brown colour turned dark blue almost black color. What was strange was that Merlin did not seem to pick it up. But from what he felt, Merlin was sad. That much that it made his heart pain and he wished that he would let those emotions free.

The next thing that happened was Merlin's hair turning into a bright red colour that matched his blush as Gwen was teasing the man about something. Arthur was too far away to figure out what his wife was teasing Merlin about.

Either way, it was since then that Arthur realised that Merlin's hair colour was changing with how his friend felt. Then there were their feelings that matched at times. Most were easy to pick up like fondness or as well exasperation. But one was always slightly felt. It was the same way that he felt. Yet, Arthur could not figure out what he was feeling, only that this one made him feel like flying.

"Hey, Gwen, what did you tease Merlin about?" He asked when they were in bed.

His wife blinked before giving him an incredulous look at the question. "What?"

"Arthur you cannot tell me you did not realise what you both feel?"

He blinked as wondering what Gwen meant. Merlin was a good friend and he enjoyed the bicker they had.

"I am dealing with dense idiots."

He gave an offended look at his wife and she related with a blank look.

"You both love each other, so just tell this to him and things will turn out alright." Gwen was clearly done with them and Arthur could not understand how she would even think that?

"Gwen I really don't get where you get that I like Merlin that way."

The look that was given to him made him stare at his wife with a puzzled look.

"Do not lie to yourself and not because of me. I will be fine and trust me you want to tell him before someone snatches him away." Gwen gave a smirk after he felt a sudden spike of irritation at the thought of Merlin being with someone else.

It seemed that the irritation was shown and he wondered why he was feeling that way. It was only after he thought about that unknown feeling that both felt that Arthur realised what it was. After all, he may like Gwen but Merlin was someone that was constantly on his mind. They even communicate together in their mind. Gwen was right, he was dense.

"Ugh, you will never forget that will you?"

The smirk widened at this and he slumped down. Arthur would tell Merlin his feelings but only after he made sure that he had a gift because what kind of person would he when he would not get some flowers for Merlin. He wanted to make sure that the flowers represented him perfectly and their friendship and relationship that they will have. At least he hoped that they would have that.