Merlin alone part 1 of 2

Merlin woke up at his usual time. It was the norm for him to wake up at dawn when he would not oversleep or have to take care of those that mean harm. Though at times he wondered why he was even trying, then he thinks about those that he cares about and knows exactly why he's doing this.

His gaze went around and he felt as if something was not right. What it was Merlin could not figure out. It was just this gut feeling he had and he almost had the feeling that he was missing something. Either way, all he could do was push this aside, as he had to get ready. Arthur had today a tight schedule.

With this on his mind, he quickly changes his usual clothes. Then as soon as he steps out of the room, he could just furrow his brows. Usually, Gaius would be there to greet him at least. Yet he was nowhere to be seen. There was no sign of the older man. Maybe he had to gather some herbs. He shrugged as he took a quick apple and then slipped out of the room.

Merlin proceeded to head to the kitchen and on the way, Merlin did not meet anyone. Which was a strange sign as there were a few people that should be up. Yet, he thought not too much of it, as he really needed to get the breakfast for the prat or else he would be grumpy and a grumpy Arthur was not something Merlin wanted to deal with in the early morning. But as he was closer to the kitchen, there was no scent of food that usually was there. Nor were there any sounds that should be heard. All in all, this was getting creepier and creepier with each step he took to the kitchen.

Then he stepped inside and he could just stare in confusion. No one. No man or woman was seen. It was as if they had never been there in the first place as if it had been suddenly abandoned. Just his luck that he was alone. Now he had to stress out and fast prepare food, or else Arthur would bug him. A sigh went over him as he rubbed his face.

It took for sure thirty minutes and when finished he furrowed his brows, as even thirty minutes later, there was no cook that told him off. There was not even a helper stopping him. This was not how he thought his morning would be.

He shook his head at the strangeness of this situation and headed quickly to Arthur's chamber. As he rushed around, his brows furrowed even further. There was no one there. No soul was rushing around the hallways and the silence was not helping the feel of something bad going on. Not a surprise that Camelot draws dangers left and right. But this was even for Camelot, not the best sign. Merlin had a really bad feeling and as he was opening the door with his usual,

"Rise and Shine, prat." he could stare blankly seeing that even Arthur was not where he should be.

He hoped that Arthur just clothed himself and decided to head out -but who was he kidding? Arthur and clothing himself, nah. There is no way and so he put the food on the table and decided to search around Camelot. What he noticed was, that in no room that he checked was anyone there. It was as if they all had vanished and that made him feel anxious because he knew that people don't just vanish out of thin air.

Could even magic do this? Merlin still was inexperienced with his magic really. Though he was good with instinctual magic. So, he decided to rush to his room and try to find a way to figure out what was going on. But then as he tried to find it, the book was not there. It was almost as if it had vanished. Worse was that he could not ask anyone as he was after all alone. He did not feel like it was right to get out of Camelot, as weirdly enough he felt safest here. Probably why he was staying as it was the best option he had.

However, he still found it really eerie to be alone. His magic was getting rather out of control. There was not one day where his magic was doing something and most of the time it was plopping animals out of existence. One that stayed throughout his time alone was a snowy owl that had the greenest eyes he had ever seen. They hold intelligence and he adorns him, as the owl loved to mess up his hair. It was a reminder of what a mother would do.

It was probably why he started to think about how he might be able to contact anyone. That thought process made him decide to start writing letters as it was better than not doing anything. Just maybe he might get a message back, but Merlin doubted this. After all, everyone vanished and he was not sure that it would get to them. But sadly so far no one had ever answered them back and he was just glad to have something with him, even when it was animals. All he could hope was that things would not turn out badly for him because this was not going to work well for him and his mentality.