Cult 1 of 2

Before starting these are the information of the cult that Merlin is in, just thought to add that as an information for you all, also a convo between someone from discord and me, no idea who it was though:

(What's the rationale for them for existing without electricity? Do they believe it's better/more pure/superior way of living? Do they believe in god or gods? Force of nature? Do they view the leader as paternal/maternal figure? If so, maybe Children of (Sth they associate with)?

No worries, well the first question is they think or its told by the leader that this is what god things is right. So making them purer then those that arent living this way. Paternal as they call the leader father and others as sibling (sister or brother)

If they have family-like structure and paternal figure as the leader then maybe the organisation can be called 'Children of the light'

The children part sounds good but just need to figure out what else to call this

What's their religion exactly? Rituals, day to day living with religion. Main theme of religion, aka why do they think they're right and everyone else is wrong. What's the god's or leader's name?

Well from what I thought of is that he got dreamt of a light that told him that he is god and told him as a mission that how they are doing right now is not right. They have to live exactly this way and called him Antonio because I suck at naming characters.)

With this out of the way, hope you enjoy this, also trigger warning, for cult and everything that goes with that.

.

.

.

Merlin hated his past with a passion and he was just glad that he was not back at that place. The place that he had lived through his entire childhood. He avoided talking about his past. It bought too much pain to him.

They got him out of his bad situation. They took him in and made him feel loved and even as he was stressed out and getting exhausted and barely having time to sleep, he liked it here. The place was surrounded by nature and his brother and sisters had not much as he has.

The clothes that all of them wore, were like a uniform of white yet the shorts, were black. The place did not have any internet nor any phone other than their father -that was what they all called their leader- as he told them that when they suddenly would end up in a situation that needs for a call for help. So that their father can call someone.

Yet it has not yet been needed. Neither of them required internet or any electricity really. The place was out of wood and when it was cold they had a chimney in each room where they could warm their room.

They did not have any books, other than the book that they learned what their father thought is necessary, like how to cook, clean, grow their own food, etc. It was at first weird but now that he lived 4 years it felt natural to live this way.

Merlin loved living like this and so far he had yet to be taken outside to help recruit new people, but today would be the day. Father told him that he was ready and he could not wait to, but he felt pressured knowing that he would have to try and get at least some people to listen to him and take the pamphlets and when not he would for sure get into trouble.

"Good morning brother Merlin, are you ready for today?" His gaze went over to Michael who has been his friend even before they decided to join together.

"I-" He winced at his hesitation, knowing exactly that this was not seen too well, but at least it was not in front of everyone.

"Merlin, you will do just fine, or are you showing doubts about this all?" The male's greyish eyes turned sharp and he shook his head as shifting on his bed.

"No, of course not, but I am really nervous that I cannot get anyone to join us." He nervously said and his anxiety spiked with this.

The self-doubt was even now still there and this was a thing that everyone in this place knew and tried to help him with. Father, in general, tried to and he feared what could happen when he would fail. Merlin had after all been prepared for this day, and now that this was coming, he was fearing to disappoint anyone of his siblings and his father. Not that anyone in this place was blood-related to him, but they all call each other sister, brother, and Father for Antonio who is the one that started this all.