7

"Who was that?"

I wanted to check who suddenly went out of the laboratory and crashed on the piled cardboard boxes that contained books and school supplies, but Asmo-kun stopped me. He initiated to be the one who will check. But before he did, a splotch of green was seen amid the fallen boxes. After mere seconds, a girl who had sharp teeth came out.

"Wah, that was fun! Let's do- huh?"

She was talking to herself loudly when she noticed us. I wanted to ask if she was okay, but I was suddenly tugged and pulled somewhere else by Asmo-kun. I examined his face, to which a nervous and scared look was attached.

"She-She's Clara Valac, a weird student. Trouble always comes in her way."

I never really liked the word 'weird.' In some instances, you can use that. But often, when someone is describing a person who is entirely different based on who they are, they use that word. Perhaps she is different, but it does not mean she is weird. Maybe she has just a different perspective or thinking or something.

I smiled at Asmo-kun and patted his head, making him stop and feel it.

"I am aware that you are just concerned as to what happens when we became affiliated with her, but we will never know what kind of person she is if we only judge her based on the rumors and whatnot. Okay?"

"Woof- I mean, yes, Y/N-sama!"

...These days, I feel like this book will go in a different direction.

"Well, anyway, Imma just try to talk to her."

I walked towards her, who was laughing loudly while fixing the boxes.

"He-hello."

Even if I had the courage to talk to others because I am getting used to company, I can't help but feel shy from making friends.

"Hello! How are you? Do you want to play with me? I'll show you how to play with these boxes!"

She... was playing? And I only said one word, while she responded many words. She left me immediately to go to the laboratory to repeat what she had done moments ago. I can only watch her roll like an armadillo and crash herself to the boxes.

"THAT WAS FUN! Do you want to try-"

"Ehem!"

We turned around to see the happy-looking sensei that I saw back in the ceremony—the teacher who intervened in my and Kalego-sensei's dispute.

"Ah, good day, Sensei."

I bowed, and the two soon followed.

"Good day to the three of you. Having fun, Clara?"

He asked while staring at Clara with a threatening smile. Of course, Clara did not sense that and immediately replied with a loud, happy yes. The teacher nodded and laughed.

"Well, this isn't the chem lab, but the computer lab. Please go now and collect your stuff."

Before apologizing, we were suddenly transported somewhere—in the chem laboratory. Asmo-kun kept apologizing because we stopped in the wrong room, but that was not important. I looked at my side to study Clara more. She seemed normal. A bit childish, but that's the only different thing on her compared to the rest. She appeared innocent and pure. I stared at her shoes, which were staring at me back. While having a staring contest, one of them blinked their eyes, making me freeze. But instead of asking her what her shoes were, I just tried to ignore them.

Finally, we got ours and we got them exactly when lunch came. As usual, I ate a lot that many demons can't help but admire. Finishing ten plates is no easy feat, after all. But I cannot help it. It is delicious, and it's my first time eating  as much as I like. After eating, Asmo-kun and I were pulled by Clara in the school's courtyard to play.

She liked roleplay- chile. I swear this is the day the book will turn in a different direction.

"Y/N-chi," she said while pointing at me, "will be the mother."

She turned around to Asmo-kun, whose eyes were shining for no reason, and said, "You will be the dog! And as for me, I will be Y/N-chi's child!"

Um... Oh my, I'm not ready for kids yet.

"Why is your relationship with Y/N-sama is closer than mine?!"

"Well, it's because I like her, and I heard you bark for her some time ago, so I figured you'll like it."

"... Clara?"

"Yes, Y/N-chi?"

"... Our relationship is not kind of what you think. We're both not into that."

"But look at him, though? Ready to bark at ya."

I turned around to see him wearing the dog's ears and tail. Ready to bark any time.

"Oh my."