12

The Misfit class are now on the Saezuri Valley for the race, which will be the basis of class ranking. Noted, class ranking and student ranking are different. For class ranking, as stated, it will be decided through a race. As for the student ranking, the Ranking Owl will decide what rank a student deserves. As of now, Kalego noticed some of his students are scared and nervous. As he was not the best at speaking from his heart, he genuinely did his best to express what was on his mind.

"It might be scary, but all of you will be supervised and make sure that none of you will get hurt." He knew that his words did not hold a much-needed impact to ease his students effectively. Still, the excited ones, such as Lied, Elizabeth, and Sabnock, noticed what he meant and shared their energy throughout the class, which turned the nervousness into competitiveness and excitement.

Using that opportunity to start, he wished his students luck and repeated his warning, "No students are allowed to go on the Kanakiri (Cutthroat) Valley. Because if you do, you will most likely be eaten or killed by the Guardian of that Valley." Before starting the race. All students, including Y/N, spread their wings and took off.

...

"...Oh my, hungry, are we?"

Y/N, who was really enjoying the breeze as they passed by, rather than freaking out as she was caught in a beak of a giant demonic bird, said.

If only I could speak with animals or any creatures, she thought. Then, she remembered her familiar.

"...Azeru?"

"Yes, Master? Shall we beat the Guardian—"

"I am just curious about something, Azeru. No need for a bloodbath."

"Ah, I apologize for lacking, Master. I can't stop thinking that killing is the only way to solve problems."

"No apology is needed. I just want to ask if I can talk to other familiars or creatures other than you?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...Azeru?"

"Are you..."

"Am I...?"

"Are you thinking of cheating on me, Master?"

"...I think we should refrain from watching too much drama, Azeru."

"Well, what other reasons do you have for asking that question, Master?"

He's cute, Y/N thought. She unconsciously smiled at her thoughts on her familiar and stated her reason,

"Well, as you can see on our destination, which is its nest, you can see a little blob of black laying there. That might be its chick, so to speak."

"Ah... I'm relieved."

"Why would I cheat on you when you are the best familiar a demon can have. Even as a creature, you ARE the best."

"...Are you buttering me up right now, Master?"

She contained her laughter as, despite his comment, he glowed as if he really appreciated her comment.

"Well, I'm just stating facts."

And after stating that, the giant bird dropped off her on its nest. The chick turned around, and its eyes glinted. How hungry he is, she thought. The chick then attacked her, showing how much he wanted to eat. But after a minute or so of deflecting his attacks, the chick collapsed. It became an opportunity for Y/N to investigate or look at the chick fully. There she found out that the chick's leg was injured. A giant and ragged wound was seen on the chick's leg. She looked up to see that the chick was panting and was most likely in pain.